ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for 1-1/2" Trigger clamp  (Read 5721 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Looking for 1-1/2" Trigger clamp
« on: October 15, 2021, 05:03:57 PM »

I am having a heck of a time finding something.
I have a 10ft light duty truss that I use supported by 2 strong tripods. I don't have much weight on it but I can provide a decent little light show on smaller stages - quickly and easily deployed.
It has 1-1/2" shafts and I have been using ADJ O clamps on it. They are more than capable of doing what I want them to do but every time I use them, I pinch my fingers. I'd like to get a C clamp/trigger clamp style instead but for the life of me I cannot find anything in 1-1/2". The hook would also allow me to have the truss take the weight of the fixture whilst I tighten the clamp.
I just had delivered a set of nice looking black C clamps advertised at 1.5" minimum fit but as soon as I opened the package I could see they were too big - and this is what I am finding. These were incorrectly advertised and will have to be returned. I was so happy to find what i thought would fit but ....alas no.

So, does anyone know where I can find 1-1/2" C clamps?

Like this:

Trigger Clamp
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: Looking for 1-1/2" Trigger clamp
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 09:00:10 PM »

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 09:10:25 PM »

https://www.thelightsource.com/products/mini-clamp-20

Like this?
Thanks Caleb ...but  no I hate that design - it chews away at the truss and ruins it. I want the type that just tightens to the bar. Ironically I can find the style you link too and the O clamp in 1.5" but I cannot find Trigger clamps, Quick Rig clamps or  Quick Release 'O' clamps - any of which I prefer and would choose.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 12:11:43 AM »

Check out the complete line of "Claws" from The Light Source: https://www.thelightsource.com/products/
They are extremely helpful folks so give them a call or email and I'm sure they can fix you up. You'll have to order from one of their dealers.
Scott Hofmann

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 12:35:30 AM »

Check out the complete line of "Claws" from The Light Source: https://www.thelightsource.com/products/
They are extremely helpful folks so give them a call or email and I'm sure they can fix you up. You'll have to order from one of their dealers.

Thanks Scott... I'll look into this  - these are exactly the type of clamps I need and according to their website they seem to offer the 1.5" versions!!

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 02:30:22 AM »

Thanks Scott... I'll look into this  - these are exactly the type of clamps I need and according to their website they seem to offer the 1.5" versions!!
Maybe someday I'll run some production of my lighting clamp.  Goes from 1" to 2", four point contact, failsafe hang, no tools to clamp.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 11:16:37 AM »

Maybe someday I'll run some production of my lighting clamp.  Goes from 1" to 2", four point contact, failsafe hang, no tools to clamp.

You get my vote Dave!!

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 11:20:23 AM »

Part of the issue may be the way pipe sizes are measured, i.e. 1.25" pipe is 1.66" actual OD, 1.5" pipe is 1.90" actual OD, then there is 2" OD truss tube.
If your truss tubing is 1.5" actual OD, then their Versi-Clamp seems to be the only one that will work with that small of an OD without using shims.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 11:23:05 AM by Scott Hofmann »
Scott Hofmann

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 11:23:43 AM »

Part of the issue may be the way pipe sizes are measured, i.e. 1.25" pipe is 1.66" actual OD, 1.5" pipe is 1.90" actual OD, then there is 2" OD truss tube.
If your truss tubing is 1.5" actual OD, then their Version-Clamp seems to be the only one that will work with that small of an OD without using shims.

Yes this is confusing to me. Surely actual OD measurement is the only measurement that is important in this case - it's not like a schedule 40 sprinkler pipe where the ID is the most important thing....

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2021, 11:24:52 AM »

Yes this is confusing to me. Surely actual OD measurement is the only measurement that is important in this case - it's not like a schedule 40 sprinkler pipe where the ID is the most important thing....
Correct, you are only concerned with the actual OD.
Scott Hofmann

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2021, 11:24:52 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 26 queries.