Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Looking for 1-1/2" Trigger clamp

<< < (2/7) > >>

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Debbie Dunkley on October 16, 2021, 12:35:30 AM ---Thanks Scott... I'll look into this  - these are exactly the type of clamps I need and according to their website they seem to offer the 1.5" versions!!

--- End quote ---
Maybe someday I'll run some production of my lighting clamp.  Goes from 1" to 2", four point contact, failsafe hang, no tools to clamp.

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Dave Garoutte on October 16, 2021, 02:30:22 AM ---Maybe someday I'll run some production of my lighting clamp.  Goes from 1" to 2", four point contact, failsafe hang, no tools to clamp.

--- End quote ---

You get my vote Dave!!

Scott Hofmann:

--- Quote from: Debbie Dunkley on October 16, 2021, 12:35:30 AM ---Thanks Scott... I'll look into this  - these are exactly the type of clamps I need and according to their website they seem to offer the 1.5" versions!!

--- End quote ---
Part of the issue may be the way pipe sizes are measured, i.e. 1.25" pipe is 1.66" actual OD, 1.5" pipe is 1.90" actual OD, then there is 2" OD truss tube.
If your truss tubing is 1.5" actual OD, then their Versi-Clamp seems to be the only one that will work with that small of an OD without using shims.

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Scott Hofmann on October 16, 2021, 11:20:23 AM ---Part of the issue may be the way pipe sizes are measured, i.e. 1.25" pipe is 1.66" actual OD, 1.5" pipe is 1.90" actual OD, then there is 2" OD truss tube.
If your truss tubing is 1.5" actual OD, then their Version-Clamp seems to be the only one that will work with that small of an OD without using shims.

--- End quote ---

Yes this is confusing to me. Surely actual OD measurement is the only measurement that is important in this case - it's not like a schedule 40 sprinkler pipe where the ID is the most important thing....

Scott Hofmann:

--- Quote from: Debbie Dunkley on October 16, 2021, 11:23:43 AM ---Yes this is confusing to me. Surely actual OD measurement is the only measurement that is important in this case - it's not like a schedule 40 sprinkler pipe where the ID is the most important thing....

--- End quote ---
Correct, you are only concerned with the actual OD.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version