Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

DSR-112 as top on 2 x 18

(1/5) > >>

Mal Brown:
Where did you cross ?   
Did you use external processing ?  Venue 360 or ...?
D-Contour in or out ?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Mal Brown on October 10, 2021, 08:55:35 PM ---Where did you cross ?   
Did you use external processing ?  Venue 360 or ...?
D-Contour in or out ?

Inquiring minds want to know...

--- End quote ---

I used my DSR112's with PRX718's, SRX818's, SRX828's and Turbosound IQ18 - all powered subs.
Each time I tried the HP filter in the tops compared to the bottoms and I went with what sounded best for each system. D- Contour DEFINITELY OUT!

Robert Piascik:
Iíve used my DSR-112 over one DSL TH-118. dbx 260 processor, crossed at 104Hz. HPF engaged, D-Contour definitely out.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Robert Piascik on October 10, 2021, 09:05:24 PM ---Iíve used my DSR-112 over one DSL TH-118. dbx 260 processor, crossed at 104Hz. HPF engaged, D-Contour definitely out.

--- End quote ---

That sounds about right.  It depends on the tune of course if you have the system eq tilted to the low end that will raise the crossover point so you may end up around 90. 

+/- 10hz you can do it by ear.  If you send too much low end to the DSR's they will let you know!

Mal Brown:
do we know what the hpf on the dsr-112 is set to  ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version