ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dzr-315 delployment options where there is no raised stage  (Read 271 times)

Mal Brown

dzr-315 delployment options where there is no raised stage
« on: October 02, 2021, 11:29:53 AM »

I used to do 2 series on concrete aprons and expect to pick them up again next season.  My previous rig was kw-153 on short poles over stacked kw-181.

The 153 have a taller profile than the Yamaha. The Yamaha has no pole cup.  So I'm missing 18 -24" of height for the high end.  The DZR's have fly points on the top.

I have a set of DT-3900L rated at 250 lbs and plenty of Global F-33.  The stands can go 13'.  Of O got the bottom of the cab to say 5' the highs would be at about 8'which would work for me I think.   

So cab is around 90#  truss for 30' maybe 50# assorted hardware 20# at a rough guess.  So 125# per side.   Half the rated capacity for the stand. 

My other option is bakers scaffold...  bright orange skaff... which I have used a lot.

Skaff ... seems safe.  Looks meh.   Do i need to plus up the stands and stick with the truss.  Get a set of SLA-15's ?   I've been generally opposed to flying anything where due to the wind but that has been general principals...

maybe powder coat the skaff ?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 05:17:41 PM by Mal Brown »
Bass player, sound guy.
Fb Gorge Sound and Light
WillyandNelson.com

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: dzr-315 delployment options where there is no raised stage
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 03:06:47 PM »

Unless I was raising a truss for lighting I would probably attach a truss plate to the flyware on the bottom of the cab and stand them on top of truss totems.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: dzr-315 delployment options where there is no raised stage
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 03:06:47 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 24 queries.