ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downsizing - ideas for new smaller system  (Read 9219 times)

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Re: Downsizing - ideas for new smaller system
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2021, 02:31:57 PM »

My little system is pretty potent.  I have DSR112 over Captivator 212 Pro.  Gets pretty loud and sounds good.

I'd recommend this as a small system as well. You're not going to get quality sound/volume from too many boxes under the 60-70 lb range, esp if doing live sound.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2021, 12:27:52 AM »

My little system is pretty potent.  I have DSR112 over Captivator 212 Pro.  Gets pretty loud and sounds good.

I sure would like to demo the Captivator 212 Pro, especially against the QSC KW181.  I've put off buying a small cargo trailer and instead bought a new vehicle with more cargo space.  I need to measure, but think I might be able to haul two 212 Pros with all my other gear.  There's no way I can load four KW181s and my other gear.  I'm curious about the performance difference between the the two subs.

Dan Whitney

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2021, 02:12:35 PM »

I sure would like to demo the Captivator 212 Pro, especially against the QSC KW181.  I've put off buying a small cargo trailer and instead bought a new vehicle with more cargo space.  I need to measure, but think I might be able to haul two 212 Pros with all my other gear.  There's no way I can load four KW181s and my other gear.  I'm curious about the performance difference between the the two subs.

I personally have no experience with them but they have peaked my interest as I am in the market for a sub or two.  There is a thread on the forum that addresses your question.  See below.

Re: Couple of questions for JTR Captivator 212 Pro users
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 11:42:46 PM »
ReplyReplyReplyQuote
"Thanks for the writeup Jon! You are the first person I have come across who owns the 2TXs.

I can say the kw181s I have used do not match the c212 in either volume or clarity. Steve's glowing reviews of these speakers are what sold me on them."

I coalesce the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension.

Greg Harwood

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2021, 07:22:12 PM »

Where you located?  I'd be happy to let you audition my 212Pro subs if you're close.  I'm out of Atlanta.
Greg H.

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2021, 08:05:33 PM »

I personally have no experience with them but they have peaked my interest as I am in the market for a sub or two.  There is a thread on the forum that addresses your question.  See below.

Re: Couple of questions for JTR Captivator 212 Pro users
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 11:42:46 PM »
ReplyReplyReplyQuote
"Thanks for the writeup Jon! You are the first person I have come across who owns the 2TXs.

I can say the kw181s I have used do not match the c212 in either volume or clarity. Steve's glowing reviews of these speakers are what sold me on them."

An option to doubling up your subs is to add a Waves MaxxBCL.

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2021, 08:48:38 PM »

Where you located?  I'd be happy to let you audition my 212Pro subs if you're close.  I'm out of Atlanta.

Utah, but thanks anyway.

Greg Harwood

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2021, 10:58:07 AM »

Utah, but thanks anyway.

Well I guess that's a bit too much of a commute.  Hope you get to hear some one day.  I think you will be impressed how much bass comes out of such a small package.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 12:41:28 PM by Greg Harwood »
Greg H.

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2021, 01:31:24 PM »

I wish I had some KW181 to compare.  I’m very happy with my pair of C212Pro powered subs, but am also not very close to you.  If you PM me your email I can send you a phone recording from a recent indoor gig but I’m not sure how helpful that is without context and they were far from pushed. 
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2021, 01:31:24 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 24 queries.