ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Downsizing - ideas for new smaller system  (Read 9016 times)

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
Re: Downsizing - ideas for new smaller system
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2021, 07:05:10 AM »

Another vote for the DZR10, I got four from Mike Pyle for a terrific deal and they are excellent for their size!
Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2021, 07:06:24 AM »

Robert, what is your opinion on the ratio of TH118s to FA22s?  Is one top over two subs per side about right, or does it take more?  I have DX1295s, so not quite as good as your FA22s, but they have pretty similar output, I believe.

Yes, about two subs per top is a good combo
Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2021, 03:42:14 AM »

I thought about those, but want to avoid anything in the Musictribe family.  Regrettably, Turbosound and Midas does not hold the esteem it used to.

Esteem and a 3k budget? Sigh, not more x32 snobbery too.  My business partner is a total unabashed Turbo fan.  The parts issues have been horrendous but they still make some mighty fine speakers at great price points.  Decent margins too as a dealer but I am unsure what's going to come of that with the new Tribe distribution system.  I am no fan of the business practices but certainly not too proud to use products that are priced right and fit the mission. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2021, 09:28:55 AM »

Esteem and a 3k budget? Sigh, not more x32 snobbery too.  My business partner is a total unabashed Turbo fan.  The parts issues have been horrendous but they still make some mighty fine speakers at great price points.  Decent margins too as a dealer but I am unsure what's going to come of that with the new Tribe distribution system.  I am no fan of the business practices but certainly not too proud to use products that are priced right and fit the mission.

For the record, I own two X32s and used to be a full on X/M32, Midas, and Turbosound fanboy, but lack of parts and support has made me shy away from their products lately.  Perhaps instead of 'esteem' I should have used 'reputation.'

That said, I have a PRX815XLFW inbound will likely reach out to some fellow LABsters for a deal on the DZR10s when I am ready unless some amazing deal pops up on more premium gear.

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2021, 04:15:18 PM »

Quick follow up: the PRX815XLF is here and that thing punches well above what one might expect for its size and weight.  I also have a pair of DZR10s inbound from a fellow Labster on the West Coast, who gave me a pretty darn good deal.  I suspect a pyle of you know who I am talking about.  ;)

Scott Bolt

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2021, 10:25:50 PM »

Quick follow up: the PRX815XLF is here and that thing punches well above what one might expect for its size and weight.  I also have a pair of DZR10s inbound from a fellow Labster on the West Coast, who gave me a pretty darn good deal.  I suspect a pyle of you know who I am talking about.  ;)
I think you have made some really good choices.

I would recommend you setup the DZR's in full range mode and send the HPF out on the PRX815XLF up to the tops for the best results with the least amount of fuss.

I run my DSR112's over my venerable PRX618XLF this way and have found this to be the optimal way to setup a top over sub.  These brands work very well together IMO.

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2021, 03:28:07 PM »

I think you have made some really good choices.

I would recommend you setup the DZR's in full range mode and send the HPF out on the PRX815XLF up to the tops for the best results with the least amount of fuss.

I run my DSR112's over my venerable PRX618XLF this way and have found this to be the optimal way to setup a top over sub.  These brands work very well together IMO.

I run my DSR112's over PRX815XLF's this way. While I haven't done extensive testing, they sound great and it is a quick, no fuss setup. Glad to hear you are happy with your subs. Given how easy they are to move around, they have have no business sounding this good.  ;D

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2021, 05:08:06 PM »

I run my DSR112's over PRX815XLF's this way. While I haven't done extensive testing, they sound great and it is a quick, no fuss setup. Glad to hear you are happy with your subs. Given how easy they are to move around, they have have no business sounding this good.  ;D

Indeed.  There is a second 815XLFW near me for sale that might be added to the fold soon.  I also picked up a NOS Zed 12fx for the smaller shows where I just need 3-6 channels and some decent effects.  All the other small/medium mixers have been sold, donated, or retired.  Should have my DZRs this Tuesday.

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2021, 05:20:56 PM »

OMG, these DRZ10s sound amazing!  Some of the cleanest audio I have heard from a speaker in this class.

First impressions:
- For a 10 inch cab, they are a tad larger and heavier than one might expect; they are close to my PRX612s in weight.
- Handles on top and side, so easy to handle.  Regular and tilted pole cup on bottom.
- They sound dramatically better than my PRX cabs.  Cannot test for volume here in the house.
- Very clean and tidy grill and overall appearance.
- Digital back panel is easy to use and analog controls are set up in a way that minimizes accidentally changing things.
- Locking IEC cables were included.

So far, color me impressed.  Hopefully, I will get to them out in December for some field testing.

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2021, 10:16:52 PM »

OMG, these DRZ10s sound amazing!  ... Handles on top and side, so easy to handle.

Now you got my attention! 

Oh. They're 39.5 lbs.  How easy are they to throw up on a tripod or pole-mount over a sub with their bottom about forehead (5-1/2 to 6ft) high
 ...and to lift off afterward?

DXR12s (42.5 lb.) are my comfortable limit, but they have 2 side handles.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:46:00 AM by Dennis Wiggins »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2021, 10:16:52 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.