Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Moving a Midas Heritage 3000

(1/9) > >>

Josh Edward:
Hello! I'm calling all guys and gals that have experience with Midas Heritage 3000's! I need to move one that is currently in a recording studio. In order to get it out I will need to rest it on it's side on a dolly or 2 (to fit through the doors and hallway). My question is this: Will a H3000 be able to support it's own weight resting on it's side?

Thanks!

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Josh Carkner on September 30, 2021, 07:14:38 PM ---Hello! I'm calling all guys and gals that have experience with Midas Heritage 3000's! I need to move one that is currently in a recording studio. In order to get it out I will need to rest it on it's side on a dolly or 2 (to fit through the doors and hallway). My question is this: Will a H3000 be able to support it's own weight resting on it's side?

--- End quote ---

The H3k (like many large-format analogue consoles) was designed be transported sideways (wrist-rest up, I believe) to allow it to fit through doors (and save room in the truck pack). The safest way to do this is inside a properly-constructed roadcase (which may weigh almost as much as the console itself).

My only personal experience with an H3k was being a member of the local crew (one of eight or so, I'd guess) who "tipped" not one, but two H3ks for the monitor engineer of a well-known country artist (the name of whom escapes me). This, I think, is probably the most important detail: the console will be more than happy on its side (if properly supported), but make sure your crew is also up to the task!

-Russ

Josh Edward:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on September 30, 2021, 07:40:17 PM ---The H3k (like many large-format analogue consoles) was designed be transported sideways (wrist-rest up, I believe) to allow it to fit through doors (and save room in the truck pack). The safest way to do this is inside a properly-constructed roadcase (which may weigh almost as much as the console itself).

My only personal experience with an H3k was being a member of the local crew (one of eight or so, I'd guess) who "tipped" not one, but two H3ks for the monitor engineer of a well-known country artist (the name of whom escapes me). This, I think, is probably the most important detail: the console will be more than happy on its side (if properly supported), but make sure your crew is also up to the task!

-Russ

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info Russ! Unfortunately, moving it wrist-rest up probably wont work although I will try that first, I most likely will have to rest it on a couple dolly's on its right side. I do plan on having 5 other guys there to help besides myself. Unfortunately the case is not with the console. Hope I'm not in too much trouble here!

Kemper Watson:

--- Quote from: Josh Carkner on September 30, 2021, 07:56:56 PM ---Thanks for the info Russ! Unfortunately, moving it wrist-rest up probably wont work although I will try that first, I most likely will have to rest it on a couple dolly's on its right side. I do plan on having 5 other guys there to help besides myself. Unfortunately the case is not with the console. Hope I'm not in too much trouble here!

--- End quote ---

Is there a case? You need one for proper transport ..

Josh Edward:

--- Quote from: Kemper Watson on September 30, 2021, 08:08:23 PM ---Is there a case? You need one for proper transport ..

--- End quote ---

There is... but it was outside in the weather for who knows how long, the shed it was in collapsed so there's a good chance it's not usable at all. This console was in a studio for years and it's going to live the rest of it's life in a studio. Just have to move it this once, but will probably have to rest it on its right side to get it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version