ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TMB vs Pro-X EZ-Tilt  (Read 3560 times)

Nathanael Iversen

TMB vs Pro-X EZ-Tilt
« on: September 27, 2021, 03:05:16 AM »

I just got my first “big console” - SSL L200, and want to get an EZ-Tilt. There’s a lot of old threads, but TMB seems to still make them. Pro-x has one for a fraction of the cost.

https://www.proxdirect.com/products/view/EZ-Tilt-Lifting-Rolling-Stand-for-Audio-and-Lighting-Consoles-X-EZTILT

The big difference seems to be the ski legs on the TMB - better for sliding, if needed. 

Has anyone used the cheaper Pro-X?  Are there any others I should know about in 2021?

Thank you,

Nathanael

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: TMB vs Pro-X EZ-Tilt
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 03:07:20 AM »

See if you can find a used Midas easy-tilt. They are THE best.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 08:01:24 AM »

The photos tell it all: light gauge steel, indifferently joined with minimal welds. External, plastic knobs just ready to shear..

Run. Away. The Pro-X is a "solution" that rapidly becomes a problem.

The original Midas were great, but the TMB are quite acceptable.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 08:43:37 AM by Jim McKeveny »

Nathanael Iversen

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 10:07:55 AM »

The photos tell it all: light gauge steel, indifferently joined with minimal welds. External, plastic knobs just ready to shear..

Thanks!  The TMB it is!  I can’t find any reference to the Midas one in the last 10 years, so even if it’s mythically great, what is actually available for purchase will have to do. Thanks everyone!

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 10:18:04 AM »

Thanks!  The TMB it is!  I can’t find any reference to the Midas one in the last 10 years, so even if it’s mythically great, what is actually available for purchase will have to do. Thanks everyone!

They are available used from nearly any rental house that used to have a big frame analog.
Bought one a few weeks ago(along with a Midas Pro6).

Scott Helmke

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 11:14:41 AM »

I remember the Midas stand as overly heavy duty for today's consoles.  As in, it might take two people to carry the stand, but worth it as you only needed four people to flip the console instead of eight.

RaySoly

• Retired IATSE 56 MONTREAL
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 07:55:31 PM »

I just got my first “big console” - SSL L200, and want to get an EZ-Tilt. There’s a lot of old threads, but TMB seems to still make them. Pro-x has one for a fraction of the cost.

https://www.proxdirect.com/products/view/EZ-Tilt-Lifting-Rolling-Stand-for-Audio-and-Lighting-Consoles-X-EZTILT

The big difference seems to be the ski legs on the TMB - better for sliding, if needed. 

Has anyone used the cheaper Pro-X?  Are there any others I should know about in 2021?

Thank you,

Nathanael

TMB.......stay clear of pro x.......

Ray

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2021, 02:06:59 AM »

That garbage is $259.00 + shipping. 

The real question is why is the OP lifting a console by themselves.  I mean "hey you two, put this console on this case please" seems to work fine no matter if it's my crew or somebody else's crew on the same gig.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Nathanael Iversen

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2021, 02:19:43 AM »

That garbage is $259.00 + shipping. 

The real question is why is the OP lifting a console by themselves.  I mean "hey you two, put this console on this case please" seems to work fine no matter if it's my crew or somebody else's crew on the same gig.

I don’t even know how one would lift a cased L200 by oneself. It’s 463lbs, 5’ long and 4’ wide. The Ez-tilt isn’t about the number of people, but just pushing the easy button in this game of moving heavy objects without injury that we call live sound.  My son and I lifted it onto a stand in the studio without the top lid and it wasn’t horrid, but again, willing to pay for the easy button when it looks like I’ll have it “forever”.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 02:36:26 AM »

I don’t even know how one would lift a cased L200 by oneself. It’s 463lbs, 5’ long and 4’ wide. The Ez-tilt isn’t about the number of people, but just pushing the easy button in this game of moving heavy objects without injury that we call live sound.  My son and I lifted it onto a stand in the studio without the top lid and it wasn’t horrid, but again, willing to pay for the easy button when it looks like I’ll have it “forever”.

I have never seen an SSL let alone an L200 I had no idea they were that heavy.  We did however own several large format analog consoles (before I arrived and joined our consortium though they still sit in a corner of the warehouse) and they needed 6 hands to carry through a muddy field and hoist up. 

I do get your point but I still stand on my statement as a gig that could afford the SSL would have enough hands to hoist the console.  That ez-tilt is going to get it up on the stage or the platform.  I am equally sure that a towmotor would be available on that large an event.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 02:36:26 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.