Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

Subwoofers in mono or stereo?

(1/3) > >>

Plamen Milev:
I'm running my system through DCX2496 in configuration A+B (left and right channel) and C being sum of A+B.
C is for my two subwoofers that I stack together and they basically run in mono.
I do DJ events playing pre-recorded material.
What are your thoughts on running the bass section in mono? And should I change to stereo?
Subs are crossed 35 to 88Hz

Riley Casey:
Subs should always be in mono. There is no stereo localization in frequencies that low and no benefit to running them that way.

Paul G. OBrien:
I have my passive rig configured the same way and most of my active speaker deployments involve a single sub so they are effectively the same. There has never been a complaint that bass wasn't in stereo.

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Riley Casey on September 23, 2021, 10:50:31 AM ---Subs should always be in mono. There is no stereo localization in frequencies that low and no benefit to running them that way.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. Even the Lititz Aardvark or Jim Yakabuski's Armadillo begin with a mono sub source.

Steve-White:
LF Mono summed for everything - no exceptions between playback or reinforcement systems - portable or installed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version