ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looming IATSE strike  (Read 2398 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: PENDING IATSE strike
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2021, 11:18:38 PM »

The affected Locals voted overwhelmingly to authorize IATSE President Loeb to call a strike.  More here:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-09-30/iatse-matt-loeb-strike-authorization-vote-hollywood-labor-amptp

Note this is not about commercial use of venues presenting concerts....

No it means no new scripted programs as we head into the dead of winter.  Selfishly I hope this is resolved quickly.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2021, 08:14:53 AM »

No it means no new scripted programs as we head into the dead of winter.  Selfishly I hope this is resolved quickly.

"Unscripted" shows are no less offenders in the safety and rest dept. Maybe worse.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2021, 03:39:14 AM »

"Unscripted" shows are no less offenders in the safety and rest dept. Maybe worse.

I only said that to look like I knew what I was talking about.  During the writers strike there was a dearth of reality shows and these singing and dancing things came about.  None of which match my taste.  I am just glad that Discovery, Picard and Brave New Worlds have all wrapped up filming and post is done on Discovery so that is at least 40 hours of Star Trek for the winter.  Between Jeopardy and the Faulty Towers collection I have been meaning to watch that is a year of normal TV viewing for me. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2021, 03:39:14 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 23 queries.