ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Cabinet Rack  (Read 2113 times)

Chris Phillips

Audio Cabinet Rack
« on: September 22, 2021, 04:51:57 PM »

In the school system I work with, the vast majority of the audio cabinets are Middle Atlantic brand. Most of the wall mounted cabinets have a key to enter the back of the cabinet with a clip style latch that keeps the door attached to the base.

There are a few wall mounted cabinets that are different. To enter the back of the cabinet, there are two long rods on the top and bottom of the rack that screw in to secure the cabinet closed. All of those cabinets have either missing rods or they will not secure.

I have looked and cannot find any brand or model for these cabinets. I estimate they were installed in the late 80's or very early 90's. Does anyone know what Brand/model they may be? Thanks!

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
Re: Audio Cabinet Rack
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 01:12:11 AM »

A few pictures will probably help out.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 12:15:17 PM »

In the school system I work with, the vast majority of the audio cabinets are Middle Atlantic brand. Most of the wall mounted cabinets have a key to enter the back of the cabinet with a clip style latch that keeps the door attached to the base.

There are a few wall mounted cabinets that are different. To enter the back of the cabinet, there are two long rods on the top and bottom of the rack that screw in to secure the cabinet closed. All of those cabinets have either missing rods or they will not secure.

I have looked and cannot find any brand or model for these cabinets. I estimate they were installed in the late 80's or very early 90's. Does anyone know what Brand/model they may be? Thanks!

Does it matter what brand they are?  If they're a bad design and broken - sounds like they need to be replaced. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 01:33:39 PM »

If hardware store threaded rod is not an option, could you not bolt a padlock hasp and eye on?
Scott Hofmann

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 09:15:11 PM »

I think those are Atlas racks, and yes I would say 80% of those I have seen/worked with
at least one of rods is missing or the threads are stripped either on the rod or in the rack.
Sometimes it takes lifting the rack some to get them to line up to start them in and people who don't realize that will cross thread the rod and or strip the threads.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 09:19:19 PM by Mike Caldwell »

Chris Phillips

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 07:19:48 AM »

Thank you for your help. I was able to locate information on them based on your input.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 07:19:48 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.