ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Video software.  (Read 3509 times)

Al Rettich

Video software.
« on: September 22, 2021, 12:26:06 PM »

I was told of a piece of software that would allow a computer to accept a video input from a camera (live feed), the software would then scale it and then spit it out to my customers LED wall.  I’m in new territory for me. They bought a controller for the wall. I was thinking of a ATEM device but haven’t found any yet. 

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: Video software.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 03:30:23 PM »

I was told of a piece of software that would allow a computer to accept a video input from a camera (live feed), the software would then scale it and then spit it out to my customers LED wall.  I’m in new territory for me. They bought a controller for the wall. I was thinking of a ATEM device but haven’t found any yet.
Should be no problem.
What's the camera output?
What does the wall controller want to see?
Does it need to be fed from a computer with some kind of software?
If so, you will need a capture interface device to convert from the camera feed into something the computer can read.
With only one camera you shouldn't need a switcher like the Atem Mini, more than one, yes.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 03:36:06 PM »

I mean...most led wall processors (such as: Novastar VX6s) can do the scaling & switching themselves...

Resolume is the industry standard for VJ and projection mapping/scaling.

OBS can do it too (free).
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Al Rettich

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 04:39:41 PM »

Here is all the details I know. The LED wall pixel count is 936 x 416. They're hopes are to utilize a computer to show premade commercials, then control at max up to four PTZ cameras. The LED wall takes a HDMI input. They haven't bought the cameras yet, trying to get this completed first. The wall controller will take up to a 1920x1280 and scale down to the 936x416.

Should be no problem.
What's the camera output?
What does the wall controller want to see?
Does it need to be fed from a computer with some kind of software?
If so, you will need a capture interface device to convert from the camera feed into something the computer can read.
With only one camera you shouldn't need a switcher like the Atem Mini, more than one, yes.

Al Rettich

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 04:40:40 PM »

This Novastar is a controller, not a scaler / processor. They're wondering if there is a piece of equipment that switches and scales all in one.
I mean...most led wall processors (such as: Novastar VX6s) can do the scaling & switching themselves...

Resolume is the industry standard for VJ and projection mapping/scaling.

OBS can do it too (free).

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 05:41:47 PM »

This Novastar is a controller, not a scaler / processor. They're wondering if there is a piece of equipment that switches and scales all in one.

Im not sure what you mean?

It has multiple inputs and can switch between the inputs and scale them to the pixel count.

I used it last week to do exactly that.
Sure an external switcher & scaler is easier/better but it does switch, scale, process, control...

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Al Rettich

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 06:34:06 PM »

This Novastar is simply that a controller.  It doesn’t scale at all.  Only has one HDMI input. 

https://www.novastar.tech/products/controller/mctrl300/

They’re wanting a software that you could buy a box to accept video inputs then the output could be scaled down for their LED wall.
Im not sure what you mean?

It has multiple inputs and can switch between the inputs and scale them to the pixel count.

I used it last week to do exactly that.
Sure an external switcher & scaler is easier/better but it does switch, scale, process, control...

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 09:03:52 PM »

This Novastar is simply that a controller.  It doesn’t scale at all.  Only has one HDMI input. 

https://www.novastar.tech/products/controller/mctrl300/

They’re wanting a software that you could buy a box to accept video inputs then the output could be scaled down for their LED wall.

All I said the VX6s does. Along with switching.
My statement was prior to the additional requirements of 4 PTZ cameras & Computer HDMI inputs.

---

I'm confused, do you want a software solution that runs on a computer or a hardware solution?

ProPresenter 7
Resolume
Vmix

Are all software solutions that can do what you ask.

A decimator scales. Combined with a V-60HD you could switch and control PTZ's as well.

If you want just the switcher/scaler, then perhaps look at a Kramer, Hall, or Atlona (amongst others).

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 04:02:05 PM »

Your 4 cameras can feed an Atem Mini (Pro not needed) switcher via HDMI, which can then output a single feed via usb to your computer.
OBS or such can switch between the ATEM feed and any other content you have on the computer.
The output from the computer feeds the Novastar, (which does appear to be a scaler of some sort) which feeds the screen.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2021, 03:38:10 AM »

Your 4 cameras can feed an Atem Mini (Pro not needed) switcher via HDMI, which can then output a single feed via usb to your computer.
OBS or such can switch between the ATEM feed and any other content you have on the computer.
The output from the computer feeds the Novastar, (which does appear to be a scaler of some sort) which feeds the screen.

An additional advantage is the ATEM can control the cameras including PTZ.  Something to think about that would make life easy instead of having a switcher and a Camera/PTZ controller to contend with.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2021, 03:38:10 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.