ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW RS thoughts  (Read 1561 times)

John Bosco

• Haddam, CT - USA
EAW RS thoughts
« on: September 22, 2021, 11:13:25 AM »

Whatever happened to EAW, yes I know they were sold to Mackie, I was working for Ken (and Dave) on this site back then and I believe now they are owned by RCF. What I don't get is the RS line seems to be at a nice price point, I'm not sure if it was developed under LOUD or RCF, but either way I don't even see it on anyone's radar when discussing 2 way powered point source speakers, is it a timing thing, they did seem to come out just before everything shutdown, or did years under Mackie ruin their reputation? To me they seem to be cousins to the RCF NX line.
"All I want is a good sandwich. You see this sandwhich here? This tuna sandwhich? That's all I want, a good sandwich." - John  Gotti

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: EAW RS thoughts
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 02:37:26 PM »

They were developed before EAW came under RCF ownership.
I've used RS129/RS89 a few times as front fills/delays for QX5, no issues to report.

John Bosco

• Haddam, CT - USA
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 02:58:30 PM »

They were developed before EAW came under RCF ownership.
I've used RS129/RS89 a few times as front fills/delays for QX5, no issues to report.

I believe you are thinking of the RSX series.
"All I want is a good sandwich. You see this sandwhich here? This tuna sandwhich? That's all I want, a good sandwich." - John  Gotti

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 03:03:49 PM »

I believe you are thinking of the RSX series.

Sorry, my bad. You're right, got those series mixed up.

John Bosco

• Haddam, CT - USA
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 03:08:45 PM »

Sorry, my bad. You're right, got those series mixed up.

Maybe that's the issue, people just think these are just more of those?

Rob Bernstein

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 09:01:36 PM »

Whatever happened to EAW, yes I know they were sold to Mackie, I was working for Ken (and Dave) on this site back then and I believe now they are owned by RCF. What I don't get is the RS line seems to be at a nice price point, I'm not sure if it was developed under LOUD or RCF, but either way I don't even see it on anyone's radar when discussing 2 way powered point source speakers, is it a timing thing, they did seem to come out just before everything shutdown, or did years under Mackie ruin their reputation? To me they seem to be cousins to the RCF NX line.
I have a pair of RS 123's that I've owned since 2019. I use them with the wedding band I work for, great sounding speakers.
I couple them with either the 12" RCF SUB 702-AS II or the 15" RCF SUB-905AS MKII depending on the venue.
A very potent pairing IMHO. They've paid for themselves many times over.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 09:01:36 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.