Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

+50dBu

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: andy craig on September 21, 2021, 09:26:50 PM ---I received a tender document which calls for the supply of DI units which can handle an input signal of +50dBu.
I can't imagine a situation where you would ever want to deliver mains voltage to a DI, but, I'm not a consultant.

andy

--- End quote ---
Do they give a representative model number?

Sometimes people specify products that are not made.  Sometimes to weed out people who don't understand.

I had one case years ago in which I got the job, simply because I called and questioned the spec.

The "designer" said that I was the only person who understood how crazy the spec was, and called to question.

Others just overlooked it and didn't care.

Kinda like brown M&Ms on the staging rider

John Roberts {JR}:
What do I get if I make a DI that handles +50dBu ?

JR

Tim Hite:

--- Quote from: John Roberts {JR} on September 22, 2021, 08:55:11 PM ---What do I get if I make a DI that handles +50dBu ?

JR

--- End quote ---

110v out the other end?

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: John Roberts {JR} on September 22, 2021, 08:55:11 PM ---What do I get if I make a DI that handles +50dBu ?

JR

--- End quote ---

The Man o' War Prize. ;)

Henry Cohen:

--- End quote ---

Hand warmer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version