ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Awful battery life with SLXD on alkaline batteries  (Read 1598 times)

Justin Quinn

Awful battery life with SLXD on alkaline batteries
« on: September 19, 2021, 05:24:07 PM »

Has anyone else experienced terrible battery life issues with SLXD1s using normal old-fashioned alkaline AA batteries (Energizer Max in this case).

I started adding some SLXD but I noticed at two wedding ceremonies that I recently used them at that I put fresh batteries in them and in an hour or so… they’re down to 2 bars of battery or less.  (Yes the battery type is set to alkaline on the transmitter) My QLXDs go for hours and still have 5 bars on the same batteries.

Have we found this to be common or do I need to use the sb903 batteries to get decent battery life.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: Awful battery life with SLXD on alkaline batteries
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 06:13:27 PM »

Has anyone else experienced terrible battery life issues with SLXD1s using normal old-fashioned alkaline AA batteries (Energizer Max in this case).

I started adding some SLXD but I noticed at two wedding ceremonies that I recently used them at that I put fresh batteries in them and in an hour or so… they’re down to 2 bars of battery or less.  (Yes the battery type is set to alkaline on the transmitter) My QLXDs go for hours and still have 5 bars on the same batteries.

Have we found this to be common or do I need to use the sb903 batteries to get decent battery life.

I haven't used the SLXDs, but battery bars in general are, at best, an imperfect science. Regardless of what the battery meter indicates, have you tried running an SLXD TX on alkalines until it actually dies (as a test, not during a show obviously) and seeing how long it lasts?

-Russ

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 11:44:44 PM »

Energizer max batteries are one of the worst in use in wireless mics, in my experience.

Copper top Duracell has proven to be the most consistent with the most reliable meter accuracy of those I have tested.
Brian Jojade

Justin Quinn

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 09:33:49 AM »

I haven't used the SLXDs, but battery bars in general are, at best, an imperfect science. Regardless of what the battery meter indicates, have you tried running an SLXD TX on alkalines until it actually dies (as a test, not during a show obviously) and seeing how long it lasts?

-Russ
That was going to be my next action.  I haven’t updated my SLXD to the WWB update yet so I think I’ll do some maintenance and update them and do a runtime test, side-by-side QLXD on fresh batteries of the same brand.

scottstephens

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 10:55:59 AM »

Justin

+1 on what Brian said.  A few months ago I did a play with a dozen A. T. 3000 wireless packs. I grabbed 2 big packs of AA Energizer Max at Sam's Club.  THEY WERE JUNK.  lasted about 2 hours. I had to switch at intermission.  After about 3 shows of doing this, I spent more for Duracell AA. And they lasted about 7 hours.

I will never again get those energizer pieces of crap.

Good mixing

Scott

Scott Helmke

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2021, 08:44:57 AM »

I grabbed 2 big packs of AA Energizer Max at Sam's Club.  THEY WERE JUNK.

Did you know that counterfeit batteries exist?

We use the Energizer Industrial AAs, never a problem.  Buy them in bulk from a reputable source.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2021, 08:44:57 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.