ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do I Deal With COVID as a Production Business?  (Read 14637 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: How Do I Deal With COVID as a Production Business?
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2021, 09:19:39 AM »

Coincidence is not causality, but it's why there is a 100% vaccine monitoring program for ALL vaccines, not just for SARS-CoV-2 vaccines.

"The government" doesn't care about your personal health choices that have no direct effect on others - not contagious, etc.  You can quietly drink / smoke yourself to death without putting alcohol or tobacco into the bodies of others (not addressing 2nd hand smoke here, just that you can commit suicide on the installment plan without putting the poison into others).  The government also doesn't care because: the alcohol and tobacco lobbyists have bought and paid for the preferential treatment their poisons receive (same for the petro-chemical industry, others).

I will further say you don't know jack shit are insufficiently familiar with/about Covid protocols for public events and how/why they are implemented.  That people deliberately circumvent or ignore them dilutes the effectiveness of the policies and procedures; it does not invalidate them.

And finally, you need to read and understand the establishment part of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the wide range of authority that OSHA has.  Whether you agree or not, YOU, as an employer, are obligated to provide a safe and healthful workplace, and your failure to do so opens you to investigations from worker complaints.

edit ps:  <3000 people died directly from the attacks of 9/11/01.  "We", as a nation, got very indignant and ever so cross - essentially engaging a 20+ year war that continues to this day.  SARS-CoV-2 has killed 200x that number of people and injured at least as many with long term illness.  "We" gave away privacy and personal freedoms with the Patriot Act and its kin, but act like taking a vaccine requires Abrahamic sacrifice.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 09:53:59 AM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2021, 10:36:36 AM »

I work for an artist that works both sides of the Canada/US border.
We have crossed four times in the last month and done 5 US shows (festivals and corporates for companies you've heard of)
Everyone in the touring party is double vaccinated and tested going both ways. Fully masked in the cab, at the airport, on the plane, at the gig. Artist touch items are wiped down regularly (yes I know chances are slim, but who wants to be the person who didn't follow the protocols).
That's just how it has to be to keep everyone as safe as possible, and meet all the travel/show protocols so that we can finally get back to work.       

We would not be very enthused about a local production company who told us that no one on their crew was vaccinated. Just saying.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2021, 12:48:48 PM »

My Wife and I got our 3rd Moderna shots yesterday.
Me for my transplant, the Wife for some of the drugs she's on for severe asthma and COPD.
As far as I'm concerned, unless EVERYONE is protected, none of us are protected.
Forget this "Herd Immunity" BS.
NO ONE is "immune" from Covid.
Protected, yes. Immune, no.
Up here in the land of the French, testing positivity is around 2.5%
i drive by a testing clinic every day on the way home from work. The line-up is always "impressive"
It scares me that so many people *think* they might have contracted the virus.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

John L Nobile

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2021, 02:36:12 PM »

My Wife and I got our 3rd Moderna shots yesterday.

Good to hear. I'm getting my 3rd on Monday. For some reason, I'm not feeling that the 2 shots I have will keep me out of the hospital since I got them back in May. I'll feel better after the 3rd.

Wondering if this will be like the flu vaccine? Variants of Covid may need booster shots every year or 2.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2021, 02:54:31 PM »

Good to hear. I'm getting my 3rd on Monday. For some reason, I'm not feeling that the 2 shots I have will keep me out of the hospital since I got them back in May. I'll feel better after the 3rd.

Wondering if this will be like the flu vaccine? Variants of Covid may need booster shots every year or 2.

Not really a booster shot for the flu, rather just trying to keep up with different versions and mutations.

Lee Wright

• www.sydneypahire.com.au
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2021, 04:21:48 PM »

This is a problem that needs to be addressed with statistics, not anecdotes.  The trouble is that most people think in personal stories, while statistics is a college-level course. Most Americans won't get sick, most Americans won't die.  And yet more than half a million Americans are already dead.
Yes there are more advanced stats in college but high school maths is good enough if people actually took the time to actually do them (I was an accountant in a previous life).    I will say though that simple stats like the number of deaths don't always convey the full impact.   Was it someone who was on their last stage of their life anyway with underlying conditions or a fit young father that leaves behind a  wife & 3 young kids?  Some of the stories are just heartbreaking & feel often senseless.   

Lee Wright

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2021, 04:49:26 PM »

Last Thursday our local hospital entered “crisis care” status.  Staff have been given permission to triage care and limited resources to those most likely to survive.  The morgue is full so there is now a freezer truck in the parking lot. The nearest hospitals (100-200miles away) are essentially in the same condition and cannot take patients.  If you qualify for vaccination but choose not to that is certainly your right but along with rights come responsibilities. In the admittedly unlikely chance you get very sick from COVID please have the decency to die at home and not take critical resources away from those that are doing everything they can to preserve the public healthcare system.
Yep people talk about personal choice when it comes to vaccines but forget about the impact it has on others if they get sick.  I think there's a huge number of medical staff suffering long term with PTSD.
On the business side we just lost another national artist this week who refused to play if we can’t at least require vaccinations to attend.  I think that’s six this month.  It’s looking like another very bleak winter coming up. I’m retired. Sound is my hobby but for the venue owner, employees, touring artists, and many of you on this forum this is your livelihood. I feel very sad.
I suspect clients that are concerned about COVID OHAS might actually be better clients to work for in general.

Lee Wright

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2021, 05:20:21 PM »

Coincidence is not causality, but it's why there is a 100% vaccine monitoring program for ALL vaccines, not just for SARS-CoV-2 vaccines.
Yes I'm surprised how readily people assign a cause to events.   

"The government" doesn't care about your personal health choices that have no direct effect on others - not contagious, etc.  You can quietly drink / smoke yourself to death without putting alcohol or tobacco into the bodies of others (not addressing 2nd hand smoke here, just that you can commit suicide on the installment plan without putting the poison into others).  The government also doesn't care because: the alcohol and tobacco lobbyists have bought and paid for the preferential treatment their poisons receive (same for the petro-chemical industry, others).
Yes you don't catch alcoholism from sitting next to someone on a bus.

I will further say you don't know jack shit are insufficiently familiar with/about Covid protocols for public events and how/why they are implemented.  That people deliberately circumvent or ignore them dilutes the effectiveness of the policies and procedures; it does not invalidate them.

And finally, you need to read and understand the establishment part of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the wide range of authority that OSHA has.  Whether you agree or not, YOU, as an employer, are obligated to provide a safe and healthful workplace, and your failure to do so opens you to investigations from worker complaints.
Yes as I say.  I think there will eventually be law suits on this.

Lee Wright

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2021, 05:24:58 PM »

I work for an artist that works both sides of the Canada/US border.
We have crossed four times in the last month and done 5 US shows (festivals and corporates for companies you've heard of)
Everyone in the touring party is double vaccinated and tested going both ways. Fully masked in the cab, at the airport, on the plane, at the gig. Artist touch items are wiped down regularly (yes I know chances are slim, but who wants to be the person who didn't follow the protocols).
That's just how it has to be to keep everyone as safe as possible, and meet all the travel/show protocols so that we can finally get back to work.       

We would not be very enthused about a local production company who told us that no one on their crew was vaccinated. Just saying.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Good to hear your part of a team that takes this seriously.

Lee Wright

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2021, 05:57:36 PM »

Thanks for everyone's input on this.   I suspect then that we are going to get super busy over the next few months as we come out of lockdown & into our regular peak season (Oct-Dec) here in the southern hemisphere.     Also it seems like staffing might be an issue.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2021, 05:57:36 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.