Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

CNC Foam Equipment Inserts

<< < (2/2)

Scott Hofmann:

--- Quote from: Erik Jerde on September 17, 2021, 11:07:45 PM ---Hey Scott can you find out the exact router he has and what bit he used?  I to have a friend with a CNC router and your post (beautiful product & execution BTW) has given me ideas.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the compliment!
My friend said he has a Shapeoko 3 XXL machine and used the Amana Tool - HSS1611 bit to do the cutting, which can be purchased from Amazon.

Stephen Swaffer:
There are a couple of people in my small town making similar product using waterjets (targeting mechanics tools).  Admittedly waterjets are harder to come by and machine time is probably pricier-but its an option that is out there.  In most cases they can work off a .dxf file, so it is possible for you to do your own layout.

I haven't seen the two tone before though-that is a definite improvement.

Martin Morris:

--- Quote from:  Stephen

I haven't seen the two tone before though-that is a definite improvement.
[/quote ---
Saw the two tone on a few tours in the 90's - during pack out the case wasnt closed and sealed until all compartments  were full ... nothing was ever left behind..

Cheers
Martin
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version