ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: low profile, nice looking wall mount PA speakers  (Read 4040 times)

Scott Hofmann

Re: low profile, nice looking wall mount PA speakers
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 05:41:44 PM »

Then there is the Dolby/SLS CS-1290S with the SLS PRD500 ribbon:
https://professional.dolby.com/product/cinema-audio-products/sls-cs1290s/

Scott Hofmann

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 11:29:21 AM »

If the space is ample and the client is down with it an alternative approach might be to use a large, acoustically transparent screen to cover one wall, or much of it, and put any ugly, great-sounding speakers you want behind it. The electronics racks and other stuff can go back there, too. I like to allow for changes and upgrades as time and technology move on and  if I were to live my life over again I might do something like this for my own living room.

--Frank
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2021, 11:28:20 AM »

Meyer Sound's 'HMS' Cinema Surround speakers have a similar form factor to your example.

https://meyersound.com/product/hms/
Thanks for the suggestion. I sent a list of ideas to the client and he likes the look of this one the most, the HMS-10 specifically. Do you suppose it has the necessary output to play nicely with an acoustic drum kit?

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2021, 03:58:44 PM »

If the space is ample and the client is down with it an alternative approach might be to use a large, acoustically transparent screen to cover one wall, or much of it, and put any ugly, great-sounding speakers you want behind it. The electronics racks and other stuff can go back there, too. I like to allow for changes and upgrades as time and technology move on and  if I were to live my life over again I might do something like this for my own living room.

--Frank

Beat me to it. Other benefit is you can now add acoustic treatment to that wall inside...

If you can't add a full extra wall, consider building soffits for the right speakers for the job, similar to main control speakers in mix rooms.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2021, 11:27:00 PM »

Hi all,
I have a client who is building a band room in his house and is seeking something that is not an "eyesore" for main PA speakers. It's a high end client and a high end room. I'm looking for something that is adequately capable to keep up with a drum kit, but blends into the walls more than a typical PA speaker on a wall bracket. Maybe something paintable? Self powered preferred, networking is a plus.
something that looks like this:
https://www.soundtown.com/products/carme-u8mb?variant=39487844581541&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic
but maybe with brand recognition and functional capability. Some of the Danley offerings look pretty good, and I'm sure the budget is there, although I don't have pricing on something like and SH69HT.
What's else is available for this?

If it's style, decor and "doesn't look like normal speakers" you are needing, have you browsed through the Void Acoustics site?

I personally think their big stuff looks hideous (and that sometimes tends to sell to designer types), but they do have some compact installation products that deserve a second look.
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2021, 11:27:00 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.