ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: low profile, nice looking wall mount PA speakers  (Read 4071 times)

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
low profile, nice looking wall mount PA speakers
« on: September 15, 2021, 03:59:48 PM »

Hi all,
I have a client who is building a band room in his house and is seeking something that is not an "eyesore" for main PA speakers. It's a high end client and a high end room. I'm looking for something that is adequately capable to keep up with a drum kit, but blends into the walls more than a typical PA speaker on a wall bracket. Maybe something paintable? Self powered preferred, networking is a plus.
something that looks like this:
https://www.soundtown.com/products/carme-u8mb?variant=39487844581541&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic
but maybe with brand recognition and functional capability. Some of the Danley offerings look pretty good, and I'm sure the budget is there, although I don't have pricing on something like and SH69HT.
What's else is available for this?

Tracy Garner

Re: low profile, nice looking wall mount PA speakers
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 04:38:58 PM »

Hi all,
I have a client who is building a band room in his house and is seeking something that is not an "eyesore" for main PA speakers. It's a high end client and a high end room. I'm looking for something that is adequately capable to keep up with a drum kit, but blends into the walls more than a typical PA speaker on a wall bracket. Maybe something paintable? Self powered preferred, networking is a plus.
something that looks like this:
https://www.soundtown.com/products/carme-u8mb?variant=39487844581541&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic
but maybe with brand recognition and functional capability. Some of the Danley offerings look pretty good, and I'm sure the budget is there, although I don't have pricing on something like and SH69HT.
What's else is available for this?

Try any of the lines you may see in the movie theatres. I have JBL Cinema series at home and do open mic type sessions often. It works pretty well.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 05:31:02 PM »

How big is the space?

I guess it really depends on what type of shows they want to put on in the house, all out party rock dance events or more laid back sit down and listen to acoustic'ish kind of acts.

Even if they say they are just going to do lighter weight acts sooner than later they will be wanting to do a big party with a full on dance band.

The speakers you linked to I don't see working that well unless it will always be light weight acts.....always.

I would lean more for non powered speakers in this case.

Are they going to plan on and supply all the other parts and pieces needed to do a band show.
Do they have someone to look after the system and operate it?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 07:05:32 PM by Mike Caldwell »

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 05:55:23 PM »

How big is the space?

I guess it really depends on what type of shows they want to put on in the house, all out party rock dance events or more laid back sit down and listen to acoustic'ish kind of acts.

Even if they say they are just going to do lighter weight acts sooner than later they will be wanting to do a big party with a full on dance band.

The speakers you linked to I don't see working that well unless is will always be light weight act.....always.

I would lean more for non powered speakers in this case.

Are they going to plan on and supply all the other parts and pieces needed to do a band show.
Do they have someone to look after the system and operate it?
I know the speakers in the link are inadequate, I just wanted to demonstrate an example of the form factor I am looking for. I have absolutely no interest in or intention of using them for this project.
These will be attached to the wall/ceiling junction, about a 24" space above the door on one side, so that dictates the size.
He has all of the gear in the room, and it's his band. They are a rock band.
He has a pair of EV ETX12p, which suit the audio requirement, he just doesn't like they way they look on a wall bracket. This is really a "spare no expense" type of situation, thus my interest in the Danley stuff.

I would like to go powered to keep the equipment space requirements down (no need for an amplifier/ processor).
If we decide to go passive, I will probably end up with some kind of mountable wedge (something like EAW microwedge), hanging on the wall.
I am not in the install market, we do live production events, so I really don't know what's available in this market space. What are people using that sound great and look nice?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 05:57:44 PM by boburtz »

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 08:55:25 PM »

That's the type of installation design work I did for my last employer - high end residential that crossed over into Pro, lots of custom, hefty budgets, had to look awesome, and get louder/more bass than any sane residential system.  PM sent. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Robert Healey

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 12:25:26 PM »

I know the speakers in the link are inadequate, I just wanted to demonstrate an example of the form factor I am looking for. I have absolutely no interest in or intention of using them for this project.
These will be attached to the wall/ceiling junction, about a 24" space above the door on one side, so that dictates the size.
He has all of the gear in the room, and it's his band. They are a rock band.
He has a pair of EV ETX12p, which suit the audio requirement, he just doesn't like they way they look on a wall bracket. This is really a "spare no expense" type of situation, thus my interest in the Danley stuff.

I would like to go powered to keep the equipment space requirements down (no need for an amplifier/ processor).
If we decide to go passive, I will probably end up with some kind of mountable wedge (something like EAW microwedge), hanging on the wall.
I am not in the install market, we do live production events, so I really don't know what's available in this market space. What are people using that sound great and look nice?

Fulcrum CCX is very compact and doesn't look like a traditional speaker. You could also do a Meyer X40 or d&B 12S-D without handles and with a custom color matching the wall finish.

Anyone know if EAW still does the wood finish on the MK boxes? I always though that looked nice.

Alternately - you could go in the column speaker direction. The Renkus ICLive X, Meyer CAL, and L'Acoustics Syva all should have enough oompf for this type of install.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 01:32:17 PM »

How big is the room?
A decent floor monitor fits your form factor.
Danley FLX 12 could be good.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Matthias McCready

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 01:57:02 PM »

Perhaps look at something that would technically be in the front fill category?

A pair of UP4-Slims with some appropriate subbage for the clients needs might fit the bill? They make a nice clean setup, but have a lot of output.

I have used just those in a 40x60ft venue, and they provided 92dBA with headroom to spare.

Comparable brands would have offerings in this vein as well.
Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 03:01:42 PM »

Based on the form factor you're looking for, I would look at the Danley SM100 (or SM100 Cinema, which has a downward angle built in) or the Danley Go28CX. The Go2 will come with a bracket very similar to the speaker in your link. There is a similar bracket available for the SM100, but it must be purchased separately. The part number is BRKT-M100. The Go2 has output similar to a QSC K12, Yamaha DSR, etc. The SM100 is closer in output to a SRX812P or similar.

Another great option is the SM60F, but it doesn't really fit the form factor you're looking for.

Peter Kowalczyk

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 04:24:06 PM »

Meyer Sound's 'HMS' Cinema Surround speakers have a similar form factor to your example.

https://meyersound.com/product/hms/

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 04:24:06 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.