Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

low profile, nice looking wall mount PA speakers

<< < (3/3)

Scott Hofmann:
Then there is the Dolby/SLS CS-1290S with the SLS PRD500 ribbon:
https://professional.dolby.com/product/cinema-audio-products/sls-cs1290s/

Frank Koenig:
If the space is ample and the client is down with it an alternative approach might be to use a large, acoustically transparent screen to cover one wall, or much of it, and put any ugly, great-sounding speakers you want behind it. The electronics racks and other stuff can go back there, too. I like to allow for changes and upgrades as time and technology move on and  if I were to live my life over again I might do something like this for my own living room.

--Frank

boburtz:

--- Quote from: Peter Kowalczyk on September 16, 2021, 04:24:06 PM ---Meyer Sound's 'HMS' Cinema Surround speakers have a similar form factor to your example.

https://meyersound.com/product/hms/

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the suggestion. I sent a list of ideas to the client and he likes the look of this one the most, the HMS-10 specifically. Do you suppose it has the necessary output to play nicely with an acoustic drum kit?

Ned Ward:

--- Quote from: Frank Koenig on September 17, 2021, 11:29:21 AM ---If the space is ample and the client is down with it an alternative approach might be to use a large, acoustically transparent screen to cover one wall, or much of it, and put any ugly, great-sounding speakers you want behind it. The electronics racks and other stuff can go back there, too. I like to allow for changes and upgrades as time and technology move on and  if I were to live my life over again I might do something like this for my own living room.

--Frank

--- End quote ---

Beat me to it. Other benefit is you can now add acoustic treatment to that wall inside...

If you can't add a full extra wall, consider building soffits for the right speakers for the job, similar to main control speakers in mix rooms.

Craig Hauber:

--- Quote from: boburtz on September 15, 2021, 03:59:48 PM ---Hi all,
I have a client who is building a band room in his house and is seeking something that is not an "eyesore" for main PA speakers. It's a high end client and a high end room. I'm looking for something that is adequately capable to keep up with a drum kit, but blends into the walls more than a typical PA speaker on a wall bracket. Maybe something paintable? Self powered preferred, networking is a plus.
something that looks like this:
https://www.soundtown.com/products/carme-u8mb?variant=39487844581541&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic
but maybe with brand recognition and functional capability. Some of the Danley offerings look pretty good, and I'm sure the budget is there, although I don't have pricing on something like and SH69HT.
What's else is available for this?

--- End quote ---

If it's style, decor and "doesn't look like normal speakers" you are needing, have you browsed through the Void Acoustics site?

I personally think their big stuff looks hideous (and that sometimes tends to sell to designer types), but they do have some compact installation products that deserve a second look.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version