ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: For drummers - Kickstrap  (Read 2343 times)

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
Re: For drummers - Kickstrap
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 06:07:08 AM »

Just recently had a keyboard player show up to the gig without a keyboard stand or amp.

Had that happen last century at a gig in the middle of nowhere.
Bet he felt stoopid using my soca roadcase as a "stand"......
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2021, 07:51:00 AM »

https://bensonsmusic.com

The owner of our local rehearsal studio is a drummer, and was fed up with kick drum creep or hi hat creep and came up with the Kickstrap. Simple design, portable, and he doesn't have to bring a rug to any shows any more. Figured I'd share this for bands, but also for having on hand when that drummer doesn't bring a rug and his kit is falling away from him...
Great idea!
I have seen something similar for cello.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

John L Nobile

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2021, 11:21:27 AM »

Just recently had a keyboard player show up to the gig without a keyboard stand or amp.

Agency told me he does it all the time .... I said I could gladly provide the gear with a simple heads up and a small backline charge ....

The simple fact that the keyboard muso just assumed I would have what he needed just amazes me !

Some guitar players always seem to show up with no batteries or a crackly cable. They just assume you'll supply it. I'll give most guys a battery or 2 but one guy was such a pain that I just gave him directions to the Canadian Tire and local music store for a cable.

Weirdest one I saw was a drummer that had his full kit but forgot his kick. Not sure how you could miss not loading that.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2021, 07:39:36 PM »

Weirdest one I saw was a drummer that had his full kit but forgot his kick. Not sure how you could miss not loading that.
Ran out of room in the van ;D ;D
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
Re: For drummers - Kickstrap and now Forgotten Instruments
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2021, 08:05:29 PM »

Agency told me he does it all the time .... I said I could gladly provide the gear with a simple heads up and a small backline charge ....

The simple fact that the keyboard muso just assumed I would have what he needed just amazes me !

I once had a band all show up in the same van. Once unloaded the guitarist discovered he had forgotten to pack his guitar. I own a cheap entry level Les Paul Jr. It sounded great...

Gary Greyhosky

• Carlisle, PA
    • Alliance Audio & Event Technology LLC
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2021, 12:34:38 PM »

I've had a drummer that "forgot" his cymbals, another that forgot his snare. A few with no Sticks. Bass player that forgot his bass, several guitarists forgetting patch cables, and more than a few active guitars with dead 9V.
I'd charge them 5 bucks for a recently swapped out used wireless battery... More than enough juice for a couple of nights in a guitar.
If you do this long enough, you see just about everything.
Chris.

In my experience, singer / songwriter types are the worst offenders. I frequently have artists ask me for all types of things that they should be carrying with them. Fortunately, I've got a box of capos, guitar straps, guitar stands, picks, cables, etc, that the artists who actually remembered to bring them to the gig, left them at the gig.

With regards to creeping kick drums, here's what I do on my personal kit. Granted, it won't work with every kit due the differing distances of the kick drum spurs, but it works perfectly. Been doing this since the early 90's and I've never had one tear out of the rug.
Gary Greyhosky
Managing Partner
Alliance Audio & Event Technology LLC

Dave Scarlett

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2021, 09:10:29 PM »

Guess that goes with a couple of barefoot drummers I've had...
Oh, they were GOOD, real good. Talk about foot control.
Chris.

Mitch Marine?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2021, 09:10:29 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.