ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6XC13 IEC Female Y Type Splitter for Charging Chauvet Par Hex-4 Fixtures  (Read 3641 times)

Steve-White

• Fort Worth

Charging the Chauvet Par Hex-4 lights in SKB 6 fixture case.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/3i201510PAR--skb-3i-201510par-chauvet-freedom-par-case

Not sure if the length on one of these will work:

IEC 320 C14 Male Plug to 6XC13 Female Y Type Splitter Power Cord C14 to 6 x C13 250V/10A

https://www.amazon.com/Male-6XC13-Female-Splitter-Power/dp/B07Q7ZWH4P/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=iec+splitter+6xC13&qid=1630688756&sr=8-6

The cases with charging capability are junk - had two of the Chauvet 9 fixture cases with built-in charging capability and gutted them out for use as cable hauling.  Went to the SKB 6 lamp cases which are lighter and easier to move around.  Now need to come up with some charging pigtails and done.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 05:46:46 PM by Steve-White »

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: 6XC13 IEC Female Y Type Splitter for Charging Chauvet Par Hex-4 Fixtures
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 02:48:08 PM »

Charging the Chauvet Par Hex-4 lights in SKB 6 fisture case.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/3i201510PAR--skb-3i-201510par-chauvet-freedom-par-case

Not sure if the length on one of these will work:

IEC 320 C14 Male Plug to 6XC13 Female Y Type Splitter Power Cord C14 to 6 x C13 250V/10A

https://www.amazon.com/Male-6XC13-Female-Splitter-Power/dp/B07Q7ZWH4P/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=iec+splitter+6xC13&qid=1630688756&sr=8-6

The cases with charging capability are junk - had two of the Chauvet 9 fixture cases with built-in charging capability and gutted them out for use as cable hauling.  Went to the SKB 6 lamp cases which are lighter and easier to move around.  Now need to come up with some charging pigtails and done.

I doubt that will have enough spread to do what you want to do. You could cut off 6 regular iec cables and combine them in a small J-box with an edison coming out the other side. Then you could cut each one to the proper length.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 03:07:13 PM »

Check out Cables 2 Go.
They have a variety of power cords.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 04:14:06 PM »

I doubt that will have enough spread to do what you want to do. You could cut off 6 regular iec cables and combine them in a small J-box with an edison coming out the other side. Then you could cut each one to the proper length.

Oh yeah Tim, DIY is always an option.  I was hoping to not have to do that - however, some heat shrink and soldering and done for sure.  :)

It's about the spread in this case.

The charge cables that came with the fixtures are cheap junk.  Too large and real stiff insulation, then they are packaged all wadded up and won't relax to straight.  I'll probably only want 2 of the 6x IEC fanout adaptors so I can charge 2 cases of the lights at a time.  There are currently 6 x cases with 6 lights in them for a total of 36 lights.  Charging all 6 at once takes up a lot of space and is somewhat cumbersome.

The lights were used in December 2019 (pre-COVID) for an outdoor gazebo wedding and reception, charged upon return home and stored since then.  They have been stored incrementally longer and longer time intervals.  I expected to see low battery condition, so I pulled a case of them out this week and powered up a couple of them - they all showed 100% charge condition.  They are stored in an outdoor storage warehouse that is not climate controlled and have done well.

The Chauvet Par Hex-4 are very well designed lights.  They don't "soft" power down with trickle load on the battery, there is a toggle switch underneath the fixture that evidently provides a complete electrical path disconnect for the battery pack.

Getting ready for a house birthday party next weekend for a 3 & 6 year old.  4 - 9pm with inflatable bounce house in the back yard - so all 36 lights and controller will go out for both inside decoration and outside lighting of backyard and play area.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 04:27:47 PM by Steve-White »

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 04:38:38 PM by Steve-White »

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 05:00:33 PM »

Thats the nice thing about lithium chemistry batteries. The shelf life is amazing.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 06:05:46 PM »

Thats the nice thing about lithium chemistry batteries. The shelf life is amazing.

That's a fact.  I learned a bit about them some years back on an aircraft program where we swapped them out on aircraft in areas used to maintain volatile memory.  They can go up to 10 years or more.

Whatever rechargeable battery they chose for the Freedom Hex Par-4 is impressive - definite COVID survivors and I don't have to drag out cases of lights for monthly or quarterly maintenance charging if not used.

I appreciate you and Dave's comments sir.

Not to morph this topic into a produce review, but at near $400 a piece the Chauvet FPH lights are expensive.  Very pleased with them thus far, the WiFi control works great, they are easy to setup, run for hours on a charge and put out lots of light and virtually any color to include pure white and UV with good color saturation - no wires, no heat and safe around kids - which I use as a marketing/selling point.

Couple of pics attached of them in use - Park Gazebo wedding and House party - customer chose colors.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 06:08:41 PM by Steve-White »

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2021, 06:06:12 PM »

House party picture.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 12:18:25 AM »

House party picture.
I use them all the time for uplights behind bands, on a slow change cycle.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2021, 05:23:23 PM »

Everything is in place and 12 fixtures are on charge.  The combination is orders of magnitude better than the OEM Chauvet 9x fixture charge case.  The SKB 6x fixture cases are much lighter and easier to wrangle.  Charging cables worked out great, very fast and easy connections.

Ordering two more splitter cables so I can charge 3 sets at a time and have a spare cable in case of the problem.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 05:29:04 PM by Steve-White »

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2021, 05:29:19 PM »

Attachment #2

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2021, 05:29:39 PM »

Attachment #3.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2021, 09:46:53 PM »

Shows the ambient level in the Gazebo and one of the many live oak trees we uplit.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 09:50:12 PM by Steve-White »

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2021, 09:50:39 PM »

Uplit live oak tree at the park wedding.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2021, 09:02:05 PM »

Did a first time Halloween lighting job on the house this year just for fun.  18x Chauvet Freedom Par Hex-4, 2x Chauvet Freedom Par Tri-6, 4x Freedom Par H1, 2x Gobo projectors - pumpkin was rotating.  Ran everything with Showexpress and a D-Fi converter.

The kiddies liked it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 09:07:38 PM by Steve-White »

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2021, 09:03:39 PM »

Did a first time Halloween lighting job on the house this year just for fun.  18x Chauvet Freedom Par Hex-4, 2x Chauvet Freedom Par Tri-6, 4x Freedom Par H1, 2x Gobo projectors.  Ran everything with Showexpress and a D-Fi converter.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2021, 09:04:39 PM »

Did a first time Halloween lighting job on the house this year just for fun.  18x Chauvet Freedom Par Hex-4, 2x Chauvet Freedom Par Tri-6, 4x Freedom Par H1, 2x Gobo projectors.  Ran everything with Showexpress and a D-Fi converter.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2021, 09:05:29 PM »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2021, 09:05:29 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.