Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Console Connectivity Solutions

Midas M32 M32C M32R Dante Interface Modules

(1/3) > >>

Steve-White:
I am adding Audinate Dante interface modules to three Midas consoles - M32, M32C & M32R.

Originally looked at the Klark Teknik DN-32DANTE.  After discussing with sales engineer ordered the Behringer X-DANTE module.

Originally the thought was the Klark Teknik may be better, but sales engineer convinced me the Behringer would have identical performance.

Anyone here have any experiences with either brand?

Brian Jojade:
Are there any different feature sets between them?  From a performance standpoint, I don't see how they would really behave differently.  You're passing digital signal over ethernet.  Something would have to be seriously wrong if either changed the sound in that process.

Steve-White:
I was thinking more in terms of reliability, stability, etc.  Form, fit, function is identical.  Basic performance "should" be the same.

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Steve-White on September 02, 2021, 12:27:01 AM ---I was thinking more in terms of reliability, stability, etc.  Form, fit, function is identical.  Basic performance "should" be the same.

--- End quote ---

They are identical in every way that matters. Honestly, they came out with the KT version because they knew people would not want to put a Behringer branded card in their Midas device. But the Dante part is the Audinate Brooklyn card and the rest of the card is the TMG card interface. Identical for both products.

Steve-White:

--- Quote from: brian maddox on September 02, 2021, 10:43:46 AM ---They are identical in every way that matters. Honestly, they came out with the KT version because they knew people would not want to put a Behringer branded card in their Midas device. But the Dante part is the Audinate Brooklyn card and the rest of the card is the TMG card interface. Identical for both products.

--- End quote ---

BINGO:  "Honestly, they came out with the KT version because they knew people would not want to put a Behringer branded card in their Midas device".

That's what I was looking for.  In which case I opted "screw it" and save $300.  Hopefully, not a decision I regret sometime down the road.  If it's a problem, I'll scotch-brite the faces and spray 'em matte black.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version