ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rf Issues last weekend  (Read 3297 times)

Nick Andrews

Re: Rf Issues last weekend
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 10:41:58 AM »

Well .... Egg on face ....after a few minutes of shop time this morning it seems like I had a broken coax cable from my ac3 combiner to the paddle antenna. Now it seems to be working correctly again....

Woops ! Lol

I just purchased an rf explorer ism combo + unit off of Amazon,  should be here tomorrow and hopefully that will help finding clear frequencies from here on forward !.

Thanks !
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 03:12:41 PM by Nick Andrews »

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2021, 06:58:49 PM »

Thank you to everyone who replied.

So I did set up wireless work bench , and sennheiser wireless system manager.

My ulxd4q systems are in v50 band so the issue I'm having in work bench is I cannot scan within the sennheiser a freq range, is there any way around this ?

I'm still learning the sennheiser software but thus far have not been able to get anywhere with it showing me any problem channels or interference....am I missing something here ?

Thanks again !

Nick
We put a Sennheiser EW300 G3 receiver in each of our IEM racks as a dedicated scanner for WSM. You can find those receivers on ebay for pretty cheap sometimes. Everything is networked together and it works like a charm.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2021, 07:55:54 AM »

broken coax cable

Persons who have spent most of their time at audio frequency world tend to discount the importance of high quality cabling and connections at radio frequencies.  This was a "cheap" fix for you.......if you don't account for frustration and heartache and compromised performances.

I've never regretted purchasing my TTI 1301 handheld spectrum analyzer. It isn't Rhode & Schwartz quality,  but I can confirm what is in the air before I turn on any of my RF, and confirm the addition of each transmitter as added. I paid @ $1300 over 10 years ago, so it's cost per year has been minimal v. the ongoing education it provides.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 10:46:39 AM by Jim McKeveny »

Scott Helmke

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2021, 11:34:35 AM »

Pretty much any spectrum analyzer with a BNC input can be used to test RF cables, which is a good thing to do before important gigs.  Just set up with an antenna and a known-good cable, then swap in the cable to be tested and see if anything changes in the scan.  Use a wireless mic as a test transmitter if your shop is way out in the boondocks and you don't see any TV stations.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2021, 01:16:25 PM »

Persons who have spent most of their time at audio frequency world tend to discount the importance of high quality cabling and connections at radio frequencies.

THIS ^^^
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2021, 01:16:25 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.