Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

System Sound

(1/4) > >>

John Brad:
Hi, I have a system composed of 4 electrovoics and 2 Horn Fold subwoofers. The problem is that the crossover is canceled between it is dbx 223XL and I noticed that I always have to press the reverse button on the right side to sound properly. Both are in the phase, I noticed that the bass feels strong in the middle and not at all in the corners, instead if you press the reverse button in the corners it sounds like full bass. Finally the bass where it should feel in the middle or in the distance ?? Used amplifiers Lab Gruppen lab 2000

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Madness22 on August 27, 2021, 06:02:09 PM ---Hi, I have a system composed of 4 electrovoics and 2 Horn Fold subwoofers. The problem is that the crossover is canceled between it is dbx 223XL and I noticed that I always have to press the reverse button on the right side to sound properly. Both are in the phase, I noticed that the bass feels strong in the middle and not at all in the corners, instead if you press the reverse button in the corners it sounds like full bass. Finally the bass where it should feel in the middle or in the distance ?? Used amplifiers Lab Gruppen lab 2000

--- End quote ---

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

John Brad:
Hi, I have a system composed of 4 electrovoics and 2 Horn Fold subwoofers. The problem is that the crossover is canceled between it is dbx 223XL and I noticed that I always have to press the reverse button on the right side to sound properly. Both are in the phase, I noticed that the bass feels strong in the middle and not at all in the

Steve-White:
Back to basics.

Battery test all drivers to ensure proper phase.

Suggest a cable tester for cables to save time and test all cables.

Take it from there.

If things are still strange, have the crossover checked out or try a different one.

John Brad:

--- Quote from: Steve-White on August 28, 2021, 10:30:25 AM ---Back to basics.

Battery test all drivers to ensure proper phase.

Suggest a cable tester for cables to save time and test all cables.

Take it from there.

If things are still strange, have the crossover checked out or try a different one.

--- End quote ---

All the cables are finely tested with the battery the problem is that the basses cancel each other out. You have to reverse the polarity of the crossover to be okay. :)
The bass where it feels The bass where it feels in the middle or in the distance?? Because if I leave the normal polarity between them it feels in the middle hard the bass if the exchange feels in the distance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version