ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rcf nx45a vs rcf 915a  (Read 4336 times)

William Thorsell

Rcf nx45a vs rcf 915a
« on: August 25, 2021, 02:13:46 AM »

I’m looking at picking up new mains to match 4 rcf 8004a subs. Ive been looking at the rcf nx45a tops but I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with the new nx9 series. They seem to be marketing them as the new flagship of the nx line but they’re also several hundred dollars cheaper than the nx45a tops. I’m leaning towards the tried and true 45a but the nx915a seems to be one hell of a speaker via spec sheet. Any insight would be appreciated.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Rcf nx45a vs rcf 915a
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 07:25:36 PM »

The NX915A has a 1" exit horn, 1.75" HF diaphragm and 1600 Hz crossover, compared to the NX45A with it's 1.4" horn throat, 4" HF diaphragm and 650 Hz crossover. This will mean very different performance characteristics.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 07:22:25 AM »

When in doubt, I'd always take the larger-format compression driver. More clean output, and (subject to the HF horn) pattern control over a wider range.

In this case, I wouldn't want a 15" running up to 1.6kHz. Most 15"s are pretty raggy up there, and even the ones that are okay up there still exhibit very narrow dispersion.
When the HF driver comes in, the dispersion will be wide, so the audience that's listening off axis (helpful hint: there's exactly one position where you're on axis with both speakers. Everybody else is off-axis to some extent) will get a frequency response with a suckout in the midrange.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 07:22:25 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.