ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DSR handle  (Read 3277 times)

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
Re: DSR handle
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2021, 10:18:55 AM »

I only use gas assist these days in tripods but the gas assist poles all seem to start pretty high - and its made even worse if using with a taller sub.

I stand on the sub to put the speaker on a tripod next to it.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

John Dowden

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2021, 01:20:13 PM »

Just thought I'd update that I finally got around to adding some handles to my DSR's. Ended up going with some spring loaded handles since they seemed to be the least invasive of the options I considered. The storm down here in Louisiana messed up my gig schedule but I finally managed to use them on two gigs this past week and they are so much easier to mount on speaker stands now. I played around with the placement and even though it seems a bit low I actually preferred having the handles at that height because it feels even more secure putting them on the speaker stand at that level.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2021, 01:31:14 PM »

Just thought I'd update that I finally got around to adding some handles to my DSR's. Ended up going with some spring loaded handles since they seemed to be the least invasive of the options I considered. The storm down here in Louisiana messed up my gig schedule but I finally managed to use them on two gigs this past week and they are so much easier to mount on speaker stands now. I played around with the placement and even though it seems a bit low I actually preferred having the handles at that height because it feels even more secure putting them on the speaker stand at that level.

It's a good addition and far less invasive than some other options but might still void your warranty if you are still inside 7 years...I wanted to do something similar to  mine but this aspect put me off as I still had half my warranty length left.
If you needed to make a claim for repair or replacement I suppose you could remove the handles and fill and paint .....tough to hide though.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mal Brown

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2021, 02:50:44 PM »

Did you open the box and use a piece of backing material ?  through bolt ? or screw into the wood directly ?

I'm planning on doing the same.  1 side only.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

John Dowden

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2021, 04:29:31 PM »

It's a good addition and far less invasive than some other options but might still void your warranty if you are still inside 7 years...I wanted to do something similar to  mine but this aspect put me off as I still had half my warranty length left.
If you needed to make a claim for repair or replacement I suppose you could remove the handles and fill and paint .....tough to hide though.

They're outside their warranty period and I'm the second owner. If they were new or still within their warranty I doubt I would have risked it.

John Dowden

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2021, 04:36:14 PM »

Did you open the box and use a piece of backing material ?  through bolt ? or screw into the wood directly ?

I'm planning on doing the same.  1 side only.

Through bolts with nuts, some locktite, and oversized washers on the inside. The particle board the cabinets are made from is some pretty thick stuff. I used stainless bolts and nuts as those have a higher tensile strength than the zinc coated stuff and just spray painted the heads black.

If you really wanted to play it safe you could glue some 3 ply on the inside for maximum surface area but I don't see any issues arising from the way I did it.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2021, 05:27:05 PM »

Through bolts with nuts, some locktite, and oversized washers on the inside. The particle board the cabinets are made from is some pretty thick stuff. I used stainless bolts and nuts as those have a higher tensile strength than the zinc coated stuff and just spray painted the heads black.

If you really wanted to play it safe you could glue some 3 ply on the inside for maximum surface area but I don't see any issues arising from the way I did it.

oops sorry - wrong quote
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2021, 05:27:42 PM »

They're outside their warranty period and I'm the second owner. If they were new or still within their warranty I doubt I would have risked it.
Aah - good to hear... they look in such good condition!!

Mal Brown

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2021, 07:26:49 PM »

Cool.  I ordered some handles from Amazon and will upgrade a couple.  Thanks for the ideas !
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

James Paul

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2021, 09:24:46 PM »

How the heck do you guys manage to put the DSR 12's on speaker stands without having any side handles?
my one person method for a DSR112 over DXS18/ Gator Pneumatic pole is lift and place standing DSR on top of DXS18, step up on a 3 step ladder, positioning one foot on ladder top step, other foot on top side of DXS, grab & lift right hand DSR via top handle with left hand assist under bottom of DSR onto pole.
Reverse order for removal.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2021, 09:24:46 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.