ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rack mount mixer for keys? Anything better than the Alesis?  (Read 4522 times)

Daniel Levi

Re: Rack mount mixer for keys? Anything better than the Alesis?
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2021, 03:14:32 PM »

Surprised nobody has linked a listing for an old Midas Legend or something.   ::)

Is a Behringer WING rack mountable, as that has "some" stereo inputs  ;D

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2021, 04:30:09 PM »

How about  a PM5D? Going cheap these days...⚡
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Nick Houweling

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2021, 09:38:27 PM »

Have a look at the new Behringer FLOW 8. should do the job w/bluetooth control also.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2021, 10:58:51 PM »

Have a look at the new Behringer FLOW 8. should do the job w/bluetooth control also.

Wouldn’t fulfill the OP’s requirements of 3 mic inputs and 3 stereo inputs (9 channels). Also isn’t a rack mount format as requested.
Brian Jojade

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2021, 12:29:19 AM »

Quote from: Brian Jojade plink=topic=175981.msg1625503#msg1625503 date=1630724331
Wouldn’t fulfill the OP’s requirements of 3 mic inputs and 3 stereo inputs (9 channels). Also isn’t a rack mount format as requested.

Correct.

Yet the suggestion shown below satisfies the OP requirements (with world class audio fidelity) but has been completely ignored by everyone on this thread, including OP, for over a week.  I just don't understand why?  Budget?  Some other consideration?

https://apb-dynasonics.com/product/prospec-2u6m2s/#1

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2021, 10:21:43 AM »

Correct.

Yet the suggestion shown below satisfies the OP requirements (with world class audio fidelity) but has been completely ignored by everyone on this thread, including OP, for over a week.  I just don't understand why?  Budget?  Some other consideration?

Purely because of the cost.

This mixer is an "extra". It's a "nice to have". It isn't a requirement, it's a convenience which I'm spending tithe money on.

The regular system is 3 Yamaha CL5's. The regular band is IEM only, with no monitors on stage. But this mixer isn't for the regular band. It's for aunt Susie who wants to play Amazing Grace at uncle Joe's funeral. Right now, I'd have to bust out a monitor, dial up a mix on the monitor desk, and get aunt Susie comfortable sometime before the guests arrive and guess what? Aunt Susie isn't going to show up to soundcheck 2 hours before the event.

This is so I can have a simple, good enough, way to monitor the key rig and one microphone so guests can come in and play/sing at a moments notice. If anyone complains about the fidelity of the Alesis I'll eat my hat, but until then as long as it turns on and actually works it is truly "good enough".
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2021, 07:14:56 PM »

Correct.

But - that doesn't quite fit the specs either.  The OP wants 3 mic inputs and 3 stereo inputs.  The ABP unit linked has 6 mono inputs and 2 stereo inputs.  Yes, you COULD use 2 of the mono inputs, but the OP specifically stated that he wants something with 3 stereo inputs so there's less confusion.  The APB unit would essentially have the same issue as the OP's mixer. Granted, it may have better audio quality, but at 5X the price, it certainly better!
Brian Jojade

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2021, 05:00:55 PM »

Second hand there are the old Roland line mixers, don't know if any of them have Mic inputs though.

I have a M-480 for studio keys duty which has 24x2 channels (A and B inputs on each channel which can be panned for stereo use, with separate pan and gain controls for the A and B inputs on each channel) in 6U, no EQ but 6 auxes (some switchable pre/post, mono send 6 stereo returns). Also has connections for daisy chaining if necessary. 

Another option would be the Behringer 1002B, 2 mono, 3 stereo inputs and rack mountable or desktop use, not used it myself but my little Xenyx 802 was a good little mixer.

I owned a one-rack Roland, and they were line input only, and unless you had tiny hands, was more of a set and forget.

Rane has exactly what you want, and I'd guess their quality would be higher than the Alesis:

https://www.ranecommercial.com/mlm82s.php

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2021, 05:00:55 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.