ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting IP gateway for Lab Gruppen amp.  (Read 1572 times)

Phillip Ivan Pietruschka

Setting IP gateway for Lab Gruppen amp.
« on: July 04, 2021, 06:20:42 AM »

Does anyone know if it’s possible, and how, to set the Gateway for the Control ETH port on a D10:4L (or presumably other recent lab amps, since they share the Lake control software)?

Said software exposes the IP and Subnet for setting; but not the gateway. So I have a strange conundrum where I cannot access the control ETH from outside its local subnet/vlan; but I can access (Ping) the Dante ETH, which as I’m sure many of you know isn’t much use from outside the local subnet.

The very same software is high in the running for my least favourite UI ever

Phillip Ivan Pietruschka

Re: Setting IP gateway for Lab Gruppen amp.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 04:24:55 PM »

Does anyone know if it’s possible, and how, to set the Gateway for the Control ETH port on a D10:4L (or presumably other recent lab amps, since they share the Lake control software)?

Said software exposes the IP and Subnet for setting; but not the gateway. So I have a strange conundrum where I cannot access the control ETH from outside its local subnet/vlan; but I can access (Ping) the Dante ETH, which as I’m sure many of you know isn’t much use from outside the local subnet.

The very same software is high in the running for my least favourite UI ever

In case anyone is looking to do this in the future… This can not be done statically via Lake Controller, but it can receive and use a Gateway via DHCP. I wish MT/Lab Tech support had been able to tell me that, would have saved some stuffing round.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 07:08:09 PM »

I use the LA series a bit and I have not had much luck integrating the control software through any sort of network switch or router. Some of it may have to do with DHCP vs. Static settings. I have not tried getting crazy yet, I tend to just bring another dedicated laptop to run the Lab Network with and run all my other GUI's on another one.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Phillip Ivan Pietruschka

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 11:49:56 PM »

Luke, the inability to set a gateway almost certainly explains your failed attempts to use the control software on a routed network. It seems extremely shorted to me that they neglected to expose this parameter - it’s not exactly the bleeding edge of networking technology.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 11:49:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.