Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > DJ Forum

jbl srx725 fullrange

(1/5) > >>

elie baele:
hello. for home use as dj i purchased a set of srx725 witch k want to use full range. no place for subs
i will use them flying faced eachother tilted downwards with my dj boot in the middle. now i am running them with an qsc ex4000 with their internal filter but find the lows not deep enough. i tried to pull eq upp from the lows but at 60hz it stops reacting. i see in the spex the-3db is at that point but was thinking could this be the internal filter? coud the oroginal filter cut everything below 60?  i have all hardware to bi amp them (mx1500amp and dcx behringer) could that be worth a trie?   please ur advise

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: elie baele on August 05, 2021, 09:10:38 AM ---hello. for home use as dj i purchased a set of srx725 witch k want to use full range. no place for subs
i will use them flying faced eachother tilted downwards with my dj boot in the middle. now i am running them with an qsc ex4000 with their internal filter but find the lows not deep enough. i tried to pull eq upp from the lows but at 60hz it stops reacting. i see in the spex the-3db is at that point but was thinking could this be the internal filter? coud the oroginal filter cut everything below 60?  i have all hardware to bi amp them (mx1500amp and dcx behringer) could that be worth a trie?   please ur advise

--- End quote ---

SRX725 is a speaker, not a subwoofer.  Cone diameter doesn't determine frequency.  You need dedicated subwoofers for bass.

elie baele:
hello. my preverious set was hk esys. subs are also not really subs with kind a same freq resp but at 1/3of the srx.  when i pull eq up it do sound right for me..not lookin for less than 40hz. just some punchy bass is ok

David Morison:

--- Quote from: elie baele on August 05, 2021, 09:10:38 AM ---i tried to pull eq upp from the lows but at 60hz it stops reacting. i see in the spex the-3db is at that point but was thinking could this be the internal filter? coud the oroginal filter cut everything below 60?

--- End quote ---

While technically possible to build a passive filter that cuts the lows, it has serious knock-on effects on cost, weight and quite possibly audio performance, so it's almost never done.

The lack of low bass you notice is simply the level of performance that those drivers, in that cabinet, can deliver - nothing to do with the onboard filter.

There is a slight chance however that room acoustics are causing a bit of a loss of low bass, so try putting them at different locations in the room (eg closer to or further from walls, on the floor vs flown etc) to see if the bass improves at all.

Paul G. OBrien:

--- Quote from: David Morison on August 05, 2021, 04:22:52 PM ---There is a slight chance however that room acoustics are causing a bit of a loss of low bass,
--- End quote ---

Actually there is more than a slight chance that the listining position is in a low bass null.
To the OP... try this, boost the lowend as you have done and then move around the room to hear where the bass is heaviest. If you get lucky that will be a suitable place to reposition your mixing desk, but if the room is really small you may find the big bass is in another room in the house.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version