ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: jbl srx725 fullrange  (Read 7617 times)

elie baele

jbl srx725 fullrange
« on: August 05, 2021, 09:10:38 AM »

hello. for home use as dj i purchased a set of srx725 witch k want to use full range. no place for subs
i will use them flying faced eachother tilted downwards with my dj boot in the middle. now i am running them with an qsc ex4000 with their internal filter but find the lows not deep enough. i tried to pull eq upp from the lows but at 60hz it stops reacting. i see in the spex the-3db is at that point but was thinking could this be the internal filter? coud the oroginal filter cut everything below 60?  i have all hardware to bi amp them (mx1500amp and dcx behringer) could that be worth a trie?   please ur advise

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: jbl srx725 fullrange
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 02:19:01 PM »

hello. for home use as dj i purchased a set of srx725 witch k want to use full range. no place for subs
i will use them flying faced eachother tilted downwards with my dj boot in the middle. now i am running them with an qsc ex4000 with their internal filter but find the lows not deep enough. i tried to pull eq upp from the lows but at 60hz it stops reacting. i see in the spex the-3db is at that point but was thinking could this be the internal filter? coud the oroginal filter cut everything below 60?  i have all hardware to bi amp them (mx1500amp and dcx behringer) could that be worth a trie?   please ur advise

SRX725 is a speaker, not a subwoofer.  Cone diameter doesn't determine frequency.  You need dedicated subwoofers for bass.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

elie baele

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 02:38:17 PM »

hello. my preverious set was hk esys. subs are also not really subs with kind a same freq resp but at 1/3of the srx.  when i pull eq up it do sound right for me..not lookin for less than 40hz. just some punchy bass is ok

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 04:22:52 PM »

i tried to pull eq upp from the lows but at 60hz it stops reacting. i see in the spex the-3db is at that point but was thinking could this be the internal filter? coud the oroginal filter cut everything below 60?

While technically possible to build a passive filter that cuts the lows, it has serious knock-on effects on cost, weight and quite possibly audio performance, so it's almost never done.

The lack of low bass you notice is simply the level of performance that those drivers, in that cabinet, can deliver - nothing to do with the onboard filter.

There is a slight chance however that room acoustics are causing a bit of a loss of low bass, so try putting them at different locations in the room (eg closer to or further from walls, on the floor vs flown etc) to see if the bass improves at all.

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 05:39:40 PM »

There is a slight chance however that room acoustics are causing a bit of a loss of low bass,

Actually there is more than a slight chance that the listining position is in a low bass null.
To the OP... try this, boost the lowend as you have done and then move around the room to hear where the bass is heaviest. If you get lucky that will be a suitable place to reposition your mixing desk, but if the room is really small you may find the big bass is in another room in the house.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 05:49:10 PM »

Also make sure the polarity isn't flipped.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

elie baele

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 03:01:14 AM »

Hello.
i made some pictures to show the room and what i m doing
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cyiyg2ddgir7cq0/AADKx4p7SBaw8ZCAbO2Y_kd5a?dl=0

first the plan of the srx was to make room on the floor by flying them. so this is kind of a must... if sound can be ok.

u seee the pic hk setup earlier. there are 2subs stacked on 2 others and 2tops hanging. u cant see clear but in the right corner there is a 500l aquarium (filter use)->witch is why im trying to avoid a 18inch :-)   earlier days the 4subs from hk ware at one line at the back against the wall this was best sounding!

so now u will see on the other pics still 2subs stacked against the wall behind the decks but they have to go to make room there.

is i follow your comments i could say my testing i m doing now is kind of useless as the sound will do change. i was planning to do some soundchecking and then hanging them in place but i see what u mean and maybe better have to place them first. maybe its just working out fine then.

u see the pictures right and left upper corners this is where i would like to hang them. i made a "plan" to make clear what i would like to do.  please your advice!! thanks

Actually there is more than a slight chance that the listining position is in a low bass null.
To the OP... try this, boost the lowend as you have done and then move around the room to hear where the bass is heaviest. If you get lucky that will be a suitable place to reposition your mixing desk, but if the room is really small you may find the big bass is in another room in the house.

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 12:56:04 PM »

Just as a side note about the aquarium in the corner, or in the room at high levels
 it's where the fish are going to be most affected.
  It's not really good or happy for the fish to be sonically assaulted.
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

elie baele

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 02:28:17 PM »

Thx for the concern! but the aquarium only holds filter material, pumps and sponges it s a sump filter :-) the fish are in the other room :-)

Just as a side note about the aquarium in the corner, or in the room at high levels
 it's where the fish are going to be most affected.
  It's not really good or happy for the fish to be sonically assaulted.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2021, 04:53:14 PM »

At one time it was recommended that if speakers face each other, the polarity should be flipped on one of the speakers.  Try it both ways and see if that helps.  There are numorious bass "enhansers" that creat the illusion of more bass.  The DBX 120A is well known.  The Peavy Kaos is another.  A competing music store sell one of these on every HOW system.  I'm not certain why or if they get used, but they can certainly do wierd thing to the pastors voice when used incorrectly!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2021, 04:53:14 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.