ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 acting strange - mixbus controls?  (Read 720 times)

JohnPinchin

X32 acting strange - mixbus controls?
« on: August 04, 2021, 05:50:17 PM »

Hi,
Hopefully one of the x32 expert users can help with a strange issue I had this weekend. 

Setup with 4 monitor mixes on mix buses 1-4 and effects on 13-16 asnormal.   
Using the right bank of faders, using the button to switch control between bus1-8 bank bus9-16 the bus faders don't retain their setting.  I keep finding buses 1-4have dropped to zero and have to manually push them up.
Another anomaly - if I switch the left bank of faders to bus master.    The fader for each bus should follow each other - move the right bank and the corresponding left fader follows, however if move the left bank it will only lower the matching right hand fader - it won't lift it.

Everything else on the desk appears to be as expected and behaving properly.   I've just had a play with the desk and it is acting the same way.       In the end I've tried a factory reset but it is still the same.

Have I missed a setting or configuration control that would cause this? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: X32 acting strange - mixbus controls?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 06:22:21 PM »

Is this new behavior?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

JohnPinchin

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 06:23:55 PM »

Is this new behavior?

Yes - last time I used the desk was about a month ago and then it was acting like this at the gig on Saturday.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 06:31:05 PM »

So if I understand at least this much:  when you switch Output Fader banks from Bus 1-8 to 9-16, the *audio* from buses 1-4 change level as the faders reset for the 2nd bank?

Is this an X32 Compact/Producer?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

JohnPinchin

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 06:59:15 PM »

So if I understand at least this much:  when you switch Output Fader banks from Bus 1-8 to 9-16, the *audio* from buses 1-4 change level as the faders reset for the 2nd bank?

Is this an X32 Compact/Producer?

It's a full size regular x32

The right hand faders, when I switch between DCA / Bus1-8 / Bus 9-16 /Matrix,  the faders should jump back to where I left them but they stay at the lowest setting.

eg. select bus1-8 and put the faders at 75%.  Select bus 9-16 and move the faders to 25%. When I select bus1-8 again the faders stay at 25% instead of jumping back to 75%
Audio levels are matching the fader positions.     

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 07:29:40 PM »

It's a hardware problem, most likely.  My guesses are PSU or fader motor drive board.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 07:29:40 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.