ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Touring during a Pandemic (Reddit thread)  (Read 2057 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Touring during a Pandemic (Reddit thread)
« on: August 01, 2021, 05:29:44 PM »

This thread on Reddit popped up yesterday with some anecdotal experiences regarding touring in the Pandemic. It's an interesting read on what is and isn't being done and how it's already affect the touring industry as we try to start back up.

https://old.reddit.com/r/livesound/comments/ovdwuj/touring_during_a_pandemic_my_breakthrough_covid/

I embarked on 2 month long tour through the US in early July and this week, 3 people took the rapid test and tested positive for Covid. Today is Saturday the 31st, and all members of the band and 16 crew members tested positive for Covid-19. All members of the tour were fully vaccinated.I took a PCR test on Tuesday and the results came back with my worst fears were confirmed. The test the prior day revealed I have Covid. I received my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine on May 4th and tested positive for Covid 19. So far, I’ve had a bad headache, muscle aches and nasal congestion. I’m day 3 since testing positive.

We have our first Broadway tour loading in here in three weeks, and we open on the 31st. I feel like some deja vu coming on.  :-\
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 05:34:09 PM by Justice C. Bigler »
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Touring during a Pandemic (Reddit thread)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 06:09:20 PM »

"We" have 6 Broadway shows scheduled, plus our summer stock company decided to move to year-round productions.  We still have a symphony orchestra, too.

I had my 2nd Pfizer dose in April.  I've said before I feel vaccinated, not immune.  I've been wearing a mask indoors, unless I've got a lot of distance between myself and others.

The resurgence is why my IA Local has let employers know we expect them to have PPE at hand and have "strongly suggested" they review their Covid-19 procedures and policies.

And that said... I don't care about spraying the door knobs or wiping down the hand rails.  This is gonna be about how trucks are unloaded, how working pods will be done, and zoning of venue areas, etc.  Screening at entry, distanced catering, split breaks and meal times between departments...

Even for the vaccinated, the shot did not mean "return to normal" so long as there are vulnerable hosts to support new infections long enough for additional mutations to emerge.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 08:56:30 PM »

Just talked to a friend of mine who was out on tour with Lauren Alaina this summer. He and a couple other people have tested positive after being fully vaccinated.

It will be interesting to see if the extreme measures that the Broadway League is taking will have any affect on the virus transmission rates for touring productions.

In the words of one famous philosopher, "I've got a bad feeling about this".
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 10:01:16 PM »

The worst part of that thread for me was the comment that Live Nation is contractually forcing artist and crews to hide the true cause (Covid) of these show postponements.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 12:30:16 PM »

In the words of one famous philosopher, "I've got a bad feeling about this".

You mean Han Solo when they dropped out of hyperspace and got the first glimpse of the 1st DeathStar?

Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 02:45:31 PM »

You mean Han Solo when they dropped out of hyperspace and got the first glimpse of the 1st DeathStar?
The similarities with our present situation are uncanny.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2021, 03:47:02 PM »

The similarities with our present situation are uncanny.

Add some protein spikes to the Death Star and you've got Sars_CoV_2...

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Touring during a Pandemic - Offspring lays off drummer for lack of vax
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 02:59:26 PM »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/offspring-drummer-coronavirus-shot_n_6109fb15e4b038cedb393845
That's rough.

Lost inside the noise of all the government mind controlling nano-bot conspiracies, are actual real people who have a medical reason that may prevent them from getting the vaccine. Should those people be purposefully excluded from normal activities and every day life because they have a legitimate reason to not get vaccinated, based on bad reactions they have had in the past?

Does getting turned away from work because of a medical condition fall under ADA rules? Or Anti-Discrimination?

I'm willing to bet that IF the dust ever settles from this pandemic, there are going to be a rash of law suits and Constitutional challenges over the essentially forced vaccination program, most of which will be won by the plaintiff.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

scottstephens

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 04:08:05 PM »

Hey All,

The worst thing about this is that some people are just now starting to get work.  How many people in our field can afford another shut down?  The last time, as you all remember, we the people who make shows happen were the last to be helped. The venues/big companies got millions.

God Help Us.

Scott

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 04:08:05 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.