ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rivage pricing  (Read 7567 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Rivage pricing
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2021, 02:02:42 PM »

You should be talking to the people who *approve* the desk and rentals, not us.  What you or I think of the PM3 surface is immaterial.  I do know that if the "market" wants PM5 or PM7, you'd damn well better have it because they'll move to the next vendor if you don't.

Interesting thread from someone who's email is "[email protected]". Seems like a bit of trash talking in retrospect...

Mac

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2021, 03:39:31 PM »

Interesting thread from someone who's email is "[email protected]". Seems like a bit of trash talking in retrospect...

Mac

It does seem a bit disingenuous.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2021, 03:51:53 PM »

Mac
Ha hah! I thought I smelled a rat!
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2021, 04:13:25 PM »

This email address belongs to the OP?  ::)

Mac

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2021, 06:41:46 PM »

Mac

Good catch.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2021, 07:18:17 PM »

I still say the SD series is no different. :P

-Russ

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2021, 07:39:27 PM »

I still say the SD series is no different. :P

-Russ
The SD series "batting line up" is more convoluted than anything Yamaha has conceived to date.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2021, 09:38:09 PM »

The SD series "batting line up" is more convoluted than anything Yamaha has conceived to date.

It made a tiny bit more sense from a pre-Core2 standpoint (i.e. when the SD9 was only a 48-channel "economy option" and not a 96-channel sleeper), but even then I'd feel hard-pressed to do an off-the-cuff comparison of, say, an SD8 and an SD10 (or even a 7 and 5, for that matter). The SD11 is the only one of the bunch that doesn't have an obvious "similar, but not quite the same" partner, and there's no obvious pattern to the model numbers (and no, chronology isn't that helpful).

And, of course, this is all before you get into the seemingly-illogical intricacies of which consoles will run the T and B software vs. just the B software vs. none of the above. (I've heard of at least one theatre company that was sold an SD12 because "it'll get the T software eventually"; oops.)

-Russ

Ryan Britton

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2023, 12:12:13 PM »

I know I'm late to this, but I wanted to offer a little perspective in case anyone found this the same way I did. I've been talking about the Rivage system with folks at Yamaha since before the 5 and the 3 were released and I learned a bit about why they price the way they do. When I saw the price difference between the CS-R10 and the CS-R10S (roughly 1.6X the price), I asked why the jump was so big. Surely the cost of the extra screen and fader bank weren't worth almost $30k. They told me it was a marketing price. It was actually supposed to cost quite a bit more for the short, but they dropped price before release to allow people to get into the lineup for a lower cost, knowing that people would much prefer the full size and would only get the short if situation demanded by means of size or cost.

I greatly suspect it's the exact same scenario with the CS-R3 and CS-R5. If you're okay to work on the 3, then that's what you should get. If you'd prefer an enhanced workflow, better visual monitoring/confirmation, more flexibility, and can afford the price, get the 5.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2023, 12:22:51 PM »

You'll want to change your name to your real name, rbritton, as per the forum rules, lest this post be locked and you unceremoniously get ejected from the building.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2023, 12:22:51 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.