ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rivage pricing  (Read 1868 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Rivage pricing
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2021, 02:02:42 PM »

You should be talking to the people who *approve* the desk and rentals, not us.  What you or I think of the PM3 surface is immaterial.  I do know that if the "market" wants PM5 or PM7, you'd damn well better have it because they'll move to the next vendor if you don't.

Interesting thread from someone who's email is "Digicohire@xxxxx.com". Seems like a bit of trash talking in retrospect...

Mac

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2021, 03:39:31 PM »

Interesting thread from someone who's email is "Digicohire@xxxxx.com". Seems like a bit of trash talking in retrospect...

Mac

It does seem a bit disingenuous.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • back home in Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2021, 03:51:53 PM »

Mac
Ha hah! I thought I smelled a rat!
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Riley Casey

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2021, 04:13:25 PM »

This email address belongs to the OP?  ::)

Mac

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2021, 06:41:46 PM »

Mac

Good catch.
"It's got electrolytes.  It's got what plants crave."

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2021, 07:18:17 PM »

I still say the SD series is no different. :P

-Russ

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2021, 07:39:27 PM »

I still say the SD series is no different. :P

-Russ
The SD series "batting line up" is more convoluted than anything Yamaha has conceived to date.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2021, 09:38:09 PM »

The SD series "batting line up" is more convoluted than anything Yamaha has conceived to date.

It made a tiny bit more sense from a pre-Core2 standpoint (i.e. when the SD9 was only a 48-channel "economy option" and not a 96-channel sleeper), but even then I'd feel hard-pressed to do an off-the-cuff comparison of, say, an SD8 and an SD10 (or even a 7 and 5, for that matter). The SD11 is the only one of the bunch that doesn't have an obvious "similar, but not quite the same" partner, and there's no obvious pattern to the model numbers (and no, chronology isn't that helpful).

And, of course, this is all before you get into the seemingly-illogical intricacies of which consoles will run the T and B software vs. just the B software vs. none of the above. (I've heard of at least one theatre company that was sold an SD12 because "it'll get the T software eventually"; oops.)

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2021, 09:38:09 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 24 queries.