Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Tom microphones

<< < (5/7) > >>

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: Michael Lascuola on July 27, 2021, 04:13:42 PM ---A bit out of your price range, but I love the Audio-Technica ATM350D for sound quality and quick set up -- no mic stands required.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ATM350Drum--audio-technica-atm350d-cardioid-condenser-drum-microphone

--- End quote ---

Solid mic. I've been using them lately on orchestra gigs. I don't have any drum mounts yet, but the standard spring clamp mount will grab a lug tight enough and hang on fine.

I really like these for just about everything.

Alec Spence:

--- Quote from: Brian Jojade on July 27, 2021, 12:48:21 PM ---Mics like the e604 are great mics, but now you have a mic and an XLR connector floating in the air around the drum getting in the way of everything.  If you're setting up your own rig and can take the time to find positions that work for you, that's less of a deal.  As a provider that gets 48 seconds to deploy drum mics, quick and easy install becomes one of the things high on the priority list.
--- End quote ---
It's e604 for me - for all the same reasons.

Connectors?  Right angled XLRs are your friend here...

Greg Harwood:
I'm a drummer and I've used Audix D Series for many years on my toms.  They sound great.  Decided one day to switch to the Beyer TG58c and I really like them.  Super easy to mount, low profile, easy cable management, and they sound great with very little eq.  Both Audix and Beyer are solid choices.

Landon Lewsaw:
I like the 604s for the clips - a nice flexible plastic that would take real effort (or age) to snap, unlike so many of them.  Also doesn't mark up drums like the metal clamp on a beta 98.

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Landon Lewsaw on July 27, 2021, 09:10:10 PM ---I like the 604s for the clips - a nice flexible plastic that would take real effort (or age) to snap, unlike so many of them.  Also doesn't mark up drums like the metal clamp on a beta 98.

--- End quote ---

I bought a number of the cheap Radio Shack 604 knock offs for the clips just when the Shack was going down.    The Senn clips cost quite a bit more.  Just throw the lousy mic in the bin and keep the clip.  I don't remember what mics I used, this was a club gig a good while back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version