ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless mic around £200?  (Read 2871 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Wireless mic around £200?
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 01:51:05 PM »

I have owned a few wireless mics - I used to have an Audix OM6 capsule Rad 360 system which was nice but in the now banned frequency band. The one I own now is a cheapy just so I have a wireless mic in my inventory .... it is a BLX beta 58 and I have to say in my experience it is pretty decent regarding sound quality, noise , drop-out etc. The main down side is the plastic body to the mic - it wouldn't take a drop well at all. I have a couple of friends who sing and use the SLX version of my mic and I have mixed them with decent results.
My favorite thing right now is having our singer use a Sennheiser E838 or E935 with an attached wireless transmitter. It is working GREAT.
It looks just like this one:                link

I am unsure how far you could get from the receiver but no drop out yet - our singer has been up to 40ft from the receiver
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Richard Penrose

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2021, 04:41:54 PM »

I have owned a few wireless mics - I used to have an Audix OM6 capsule Rad 360 system which was nice but in the now banned frequency band. The one I own now is a cheapy just so I have a wireless mic in my inventory .... it is a BLX beta 58 and I have to say in my experience it is pretty decent regarding sound quality, noise , drop-out etc. The main down side is the plastic body to the mic - it wouldn't take a drop well at all. I have a couple of friends who sing and use the SLX version of my mic and I have mixed them with decent results.
My favorite thing right now is having our singer use a Sennheiser E838 or E935 with an attached wireless transmitter. It is working GREAT.
It looks just like this one:                link

I am unsure how far you could get from the receiver but no drop out yet - our singer has been up to 40ft from the receiver

Thanks Debbie. This looks very appealing!! I have a bunch of e838’s and e945’s which would work great if this system proves to be reliable without degrading the audio quality a lot?

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2021, 07:56:58 PM »

I
I went through a similar search a while ago, and came out with a Sennheiser G4 EW100 unit with an e935 capsule. I particularly wanted that capsule because the rest of my vocal mics are e935s and I really like them - the average punter with zero mic technique can get usable results: had one where they folded their arms while holding the mic, putting the capsule at their shoulder pointing upwards. I didn't need the GBF anyway, but it still sounded decent.

Chris

I can take that mic "technique" one step further where the guy crossed his arms and put the mic
under his arm pit, like three times during the presentation!

Find me a wireless mic that will work there and I'm a buyer.

Just to add, they would not use a lapel or headset.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2021, 08:00:21 PM »

I can take that mic "technique" one step further where the guy crossed his arms and put the mic
under his arm pit, like three times during the presentation!

Find me a wireless mic that will work there and I'm a buyer.

Just to add, they would not use a lapel or headset.

PCC-160?

-Russ

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2021, 08:23:25 PM »

PCC-160?

-Russ

Not a chance in the room we were in.
But then again any mic not under an arm pit would have been better!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2021, 08:53:08 PM »

Thanks Debbie. This looks very appealing!! I have a bunch of e838’s and e945’s which would work great if this system proves to be reliable without degrading the audio quality a lot?
I did a side by side and could not tell the difference. The mics we use all sound just like they would with cables.

I have 2 sets and I charge both and take both with me - one as back up. I wasn't sure I'd get a full show out of a set especially as I can't guarantee the singer will turn off the TX/RX during breaks and although she always forgets, they have lasted a full 4 hour show. With that said, the battery life is the downside to this particular solution.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Richard Penrose

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2021, 03:44:29 AM »

I did a side by side and could not tell the difference. The mics we use all sound just like they would with cables.

I have 2 sets and I charge both and take both with me - one as back up. I wasn't sure I'd get a full show out of a set especially as I can't guarantee the singer will turn off the TX/RX during breaks and although she always forgets, they have lasted a full 4 hour show. With that said, the battery life is the downside to this particular solution.

Thanks again Debbie. I’ve been looking up this product online and there are several users saying these add noticeable hiss to the sound!? Also, they say that if direct line of sight gets blocked by someone standing between the tx and rx there sound drops out?

Richard Penrose

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2021, 03:55:15 AM »

What are people’s thoughts on the EV RE3 systems? Whilst I know these cost around £500 I am considering investing a little more in getting something that is decent.
The ProSoundWeb review seems very positive and I really like the fact that the mic body is metal and has switchable heads!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2021, 09:58:40 AM »

Thanks again Debbie. I’ve been looking up this product online and there are several users saying these add noticeable hiss to the sound!? Also, they say that if direct line of sight gets blocked by someone standing between the tx and rx there sound drops out?
Not my experience at all. My exact brand is JOYO  - link

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2021, 10:04:22 AM »

What are people’s thoughts on the EV RE3 systems? Whilst I know these cost around £500 I am considering investing a little more in getting something that is decent.
The ProSoundWeb review seems very positive and I really like the fact that the mic body is metal and has switchable heads!

I have 4 wired versions of the older N/D 767 which I like a lot so I would guess the same of the wireless version with the updated capsule.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2021, 10:04:22 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.