Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Wireless mic around £200?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Debbie Dunkley:
I have owned a few wireless mics - I used to have an Audix OM6 capsule Rad 360 system which was nice but in the now banned frequency band. The one I own now is a cheapy just so I have a wireless mic in my inventory .... it is a BLX beta 58 and I have to say in my experience it is pretty decent regarding sound quality, noise , drop-out etc. The main down side is the plastic body to the mic - it wouldn't take a drop well at all. I have a couple of friends who sing and use the SLX version of my mic and I have mixed them with decent results.
My favorite thing right now is having our singer use a Sennheiser E838 or E935 with an attached wireless transmitter. It is working GREAT.
It looks just like this one:                link

I am unsure how far you could get from the receiver but no drop out yet - our singer has been up to 40ft from the receiver

Richard Penrose:

--- Quote from: Debbie Dunkley on July 27, 2021, 01:51:05 PM ---I have owned a few wireless mics - I used to have an Audix OM6 capsule Rad 360 system which was nice but in the now banned frequency band. The one I own now is a cheapy just so I have a wireless mic in my inventory .... it is a BLX beta 58 and I have to say in my experience it is pretty decent regarding sound quality, noise , drop-out etc. The main down side is the plastic body to the mic - it wouldn't take a drop well at all. I have a couple of friends who sing and use the SLX version of my mic and I have mixed them with decent results.
My favorite thing right now is having our singer use a Sennheiser E838 or E935 with an attached wireless transmitter. It is working GREAT.
It looks just like this one:                link

I am unsure how far you could get from the receiver but no drop out yet - our singer has been up to 40ft from the receiver

--- End quote ---

Thanks Debbie. This looks very appealing!! I have a bunch of e838ís and e945ís which would work great if this system proves to be reliable without degrading the audio quality a lot?

Mike Caldwell:

--- Quote from: Chris Grimshaw on July 25, 2021, 01:15:07 PM ---I
I went through a similar search a while ago, and came out with a Sennheiser G4 EW100 unit with an e935 capsule. I particularly wanted that capsule because the rest of my vocal mics are e935s and I really like them - the average punter with zero mic technique can get usable results: had one where they folded their arms while holding the mic, putting the capsule at their shoulder pointing upwards. I didn't need the GBF anyway, but it still sounded decent.

Chris

--- End quote ---

I can take that mic "technique" one step further where the guy crossed his arms and put the mic
under his arm pit, like three times during the presentation!

Find me a wireless mic that will work there and I'm a buyer.

Just to add, they would not use a lapel or headset.

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on July 27, 2021, 07:56:58 PM ---I can take that mic "technique" one step further where the guy crossed his arms and put the mic
under his arm pit, like three times during the presentation!

Find me a wireless mic that will work there and I'm a buyer.

Just to add, they would not use a lapel or headset.

--- End quote ---

PCC-160?

-Russ

Mike Caldwell:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on July 27, 2021, 08:00:21 PM ---PCC-160?

-Russ

--- End quote ---

Not a chance in the room we were in.
But then again any mic not under an arm pit would have been better!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version