Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Wireless mic around £200?

(1/5) > >>

Richard Penrose:
Hi,

I am looking to buy a handheld wireless mic for both speech and singing and am looking for some suggestions.
My budget is around £200 and Iím not sure what frequency band would be best. From my understanding 863-865mhz is the legal UK frequency but there is also 2.4ghz and 5ghz? What would be the best choice for avoiding interference etc?

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Richard Penrose on July 25, 2021, 04:29:40 AM ---Hi,

I am looking to buy a handheld wireless mic for both speech and singing and am looking for some suggestions.
My budget is around £200 and Iím not sure what frequency band would be best. From my understanding 863-865mhz is the legal UK frequency but there is also 2.4ghz and 5ghz? What would be the best choice for avoiding interference etc?

--- End quote ---

200 pounds?
I'd get a '58 and 150 feet of XLR.
Seriously.
Chris.

Richard Penrose:

--- Quote from: Chris Hindle on July 25, 2021, 04:40:38 AM ---200 pounds?
I'd get a '58 and 150 feet of XLR.
Seriously.
Chris.

--- End quote ---

Ok so what should I be spending to get a reasonable wireless mic?

JohnPinchin:
I recently switched over the new sennheiser ew-d mics and so far (4 shows) have been super impressed,  but if you prefer shure then the slxd range looks great as well.    You're looking at somewhere around £550 depending which mic capsule you want.   
For around £200 or  little more you'll probably find lots of used shure slx and sennheiser G3 and maybe G4.   Personally I'd prefer the G3/4 but I regularly still see people using the slx systems.

I would avoid the 2.4GHz systems like the shure glxd,  with bigger crowds I found them to struggle but small sub100 people gigs you might be ok.

Richard Penrose:
Thanks John. I will be in audiences up to around 350-400. What would be better for this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version