ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canopy for FOH  (Read 4963 times)

Chris Doyle

Re: Canopy for FOH
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2021, 10:08:08 AM »

ABC Canopy from Amazon is around $300 and included sidewalls and mesh walls. I've had ours for around 4-5 years; it gets used 8-10 times a year and is sill in great shape. The transport/storage bag wore out pretty quickly, but aside from that, the tent itself has been fantastic.

Ironically, the hardware on the ABC has held-up better than our KD stuff did (after massively downsizing operations in 2019, I sold our KD Canopies).
We used our new 10x20 ABC Canopy for the first time this past Saturday and I was impressed.  The frame is really sturdy and the top and sidewalls zip together well.  We were set up in a corner of a parking lot so we just used the back wall and one side wall to block the street.  It did take a little longer to set up being the first time, but that will shorten now that we have the hang of it.  And yeah the storage bag is already wearing out, so we'll be looking for some kind of replacement.  But the canopy itself looked so good that the venue owner wanted the information so he could order one himself.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2021, 07:09:50 AM »

But the canopy itself looked so good that the venue owner wanted the information so he could order one himself.

I get that reaction every time I set up my Eurmax. The frame is a beast and the canopy looks great. Everyone that has a $100 tent from Wally Mart asks for info..

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2021, 10:11:03 AM »

FWIW, looks like a price drop on the Eurmax at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BSLQSVO/

Is anyone familiar with this variation of Eurmax?

https://www.amazon.com/Eurmax-Commercial-Outdoor-Zippered-Sidewalls/dp/B07G54PPRF/

Seems like the awning could be an advantage but, since the price is the same, I'm wondering if they economized in the construction?

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Tracy Garner

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2021, 11:51:10 AM »

Is anyone familiar with this variation of Eurmax?

https://www.amazon.com/Eurmax-Commercial-Outdoor-Zippered-Sidewalls/dp/B07G54PPRF/

Seems like the awning could be an advantage but, since the price is the same, I'm wondering if they economized in the construction?

Dave

Check Eurmax direct on Amazon so you can see the description. Their actual eurmax.com website will tell you the difference between the models. The biggest difference is the frame diameter/shapes. The rest of the price difference is really in your preference in the peripheral items. I dont care for the weight bags much but the sides are the real value. My recommendation is get the best frame you can get. The top and sides are all the same quality.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2021, 10:57:56 PM »

FWIW, looks like a price drop on the Eurmax at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BSLQSVO/

And, I think, yet another price drop. Just ordered this model @ $240. Expect delivery tomorrow.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

John Lackner

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2021, 07:14:07 PM »

Recommendations?  Better than the $100 ones at dicks or Walmart.  Not the $900 online.
I have an 8x8 Eurmax in Black. One day I missed staking it down soon enough. Wind blew it away and it flipped over twice. Stayed in one piece with hardly a scratch.
Do you HEAR what you SEE? "Listen with your eyes, look with your ears" - Captain Beefheart

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2021, 07:14:07 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.