ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rolling Loud video wall collapses in Miami  (Read 1337 times)

Art Welter

Re: Rolling Loud video wall collapses in Miami
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2021, 08:34:35 PM »

Yes, being out of practice is an excuse for load ins taking a bit longer.
Break time, that's a 'rap..

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 01:24:22 AM »

I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to do that.

-Russ

Dave Pluke

• BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 01:01:50 PM »

Huh. I thought YOU bolted those in...

Man, they were lucky no one was hurt!

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2021, 04:05:16 PM »

Hey Boss, where do these pins go? I have a bunch of extras.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Scott Helmke

Daniel Levi

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2021, 03:35:51 AM »

Hey Boss, where do these pins go? I have a bunch of extras.
Chris.

All back together and I only have a few bolts spare, excell......, so that's where the bolts went.

But again, f'ups like that naturally cannot be excused by simply saying that "our crew were out of condition", if mistakes can kill or cause serious harm then you are not allowed to be "out of condition", the person lying in hospital will not accept being "out of condition" as an excuse.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 05:26:44 AM »

IDK how it works in the US, but over here the distributor selling the parts needed in a setup like this must provide a clear instruction for use in a local language or it's illegal to sell it.
The shop owning/renting out this setup needs to have these instructions on site + written instructions on how to do the actual setup, again in a local language so the people setting this up can reference any step in the process and get it right.
As the owner of this you wouldn't get very far claiming that you didn't know or remember how to put this together with your insurance company or the authorities, because both points are now written into law in parts of the EU. And you're responsible for providing the correct  info to those setting this up, you can't claim that you believed they knew/should have known, it's on you to make sure they know.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2021, 08:07:06 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQdLwQUPQIo
Holy crap Scott.
When it makes it to The Simpsons, does that mean it's an acceptable situation?
Wow.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2021, 11:10:37 AM »

Back in my mechanic days, if we had leftover fasteners from doing job (this was in the late 80s/early 90s), the joke was "it was over-engineered."

But seriously, it's miraculous that no one was injured. Holy cats...

Bill Meeks

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2021, 04:14:22 PM »

Back in my mechanic days, if we had leftover fasteners from doing job (this was in the late 80s/early 90s), the joke was "it was over-engineered."

But seriously, it's miraculous that no one was injured. Holy cats...

I have a humorous story about leftover parts from my nuclear power plant days.

We had a rookie repair tech in the Instrument and Controls shop. He had been there a bit, but had struggled to learn things. There are many items in nuclear plants, and some are not "critical". One example was a multi-point chart recorder that automatically cycled through 132 thermocouple input points and printed the temperature measured by each thermocouple onto a continuous strip chart of paper. The chart paper was driven by an electric clock type of mechanism. It recorded several days worth of temperature data, then the strip chart was removed, archived, and replaced with a fresh chart. This was in the days before digital and computerized controls were the thing.

This particular recorder was a bit of a beast to work on due to the huge number of small moving mechanical parts. It was also kind of large, so you had to work on it in place in the plant. It was too big to bring back to the shop.

So they sent the new guy out to repair it when it was reported to not be properly advancing the paper by the Operations folks who monitored it. He worked on it for two days, and still had it in pieces. So the shop Foreman decided to give him some help by sending out my friend, a Senior Tech, to help the newbie out. My friend went to the location in the plant and found a pile of parts and pieces. He proceeded to put the recorder back together and had it apparently working. But he told me he had almost a double handful of tiny screws, washers, nuts and bolts left over. Fearing he had obviously overlooked something in the reassembly, he disassembled the recorder and started over. He still wound up with leftover parts. Exasperated, he asked the rookie where all the extra parts came from. The rookie said, with great sincerity, "I was afraid I might drop some of the screws, so I brought out some extras"!

Unfortunately, he had not kept his "extras" separated from the ones he actually removed from the equipment. Everything was all mixed together  ;D.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 04:18:09 PM by Bill Meeks »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2021, 04:14:22 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.