ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rolling Loud video wall collapses in Miami  (Read 3030 times)

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
Re: Rolling Loud video wall collapses in Miami
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2021, 05:30:23 PM »

The rookie said, with great sincerity, "I was afraid I might drop some of the screws, so I brought out some extras"!

Unfortunately, he had not kept his "extras" separated from the ones he actually removed from the equipment. Everything was all mixed together  ;D.

Back in my Mechanics days, at one particular dealership, Pranking other mechanics was a weekly "thing".
One of the Tranny guys had a car all buttoned up, and was going to start the engine when a passing mechanic pointed to a flex plate sitting on his bench. (for those that may not know, a flex plate replaces a flywheel on an automatic transmission. It connects the Torque Converter to the Crankshaft, and has a ring gear for the starter motor.)
Anyhoo, without even looking, he pulls the transmission. Kind of. No clearance to pull it free. WTF?
He finally looks underneath, and sees the TQ firmly bolted to the flex plate, and now a torn input shaft seal leaking red shit......

Me, I would have looked first.....
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2021, 10:31:24 AM »

Oh man, the tech pranks back in the day were pretty brutal. Filling someone's air nozzle with baby powder... leaving an extra few check balls in a parts tray... tapping a fender while someone was listening for engine noise or NVH... you definitely learned to double-check your surroundings before jumping to a conclusion. :D

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2021, 10:31:24 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.