ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Intermittent Garble noise on X32C  (Read 4081 times)

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Re: Intermittent Garble noise on X32C
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2021, 02:40:36 PM »

nice reply Kevin.
and yes, I was going to even suggest that the FOH guy watch his channels close..it could be a phone on one of the players on stage.. I've made the mistake of placing my iphone on top of my bass amp..talk about an antenna !!
also, not sure the original post mentioned how loud the noise is...can you gate for that, or is it as strong as the main audio signal?

A gate wouldn’t solve the problem because the interference it is usually loud enough that it is hear with the original sound. It isn’t buried under it and just needs to be hidden when there is no other sound on that input.

Just yesterday I was at a church consulting about their sound system and the pastor said that he messed up the wireless mic tuning because he heard a problem with his mic. And was trying to find a better frequency. He described the sound and I asked him if he had an iPhone that was on in his pocket and he said he was pretty sure that he did. I sent him the frequency coordination report that I had done last year and he was able to get things back to normal. I suggested that he test his mic with all the other wireless devices on (but not all in a pile) and see if the problem has gone away. 

joel florendo

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2021, 07:36:06 PM »

The following is what I was told about this years ago when this noise would show up on a sound system. This noise is usually coming from what is sometimes referred to as the handshake signal from the iPhone. It doesn’t even need to be in use making a call or texting, it is something that it does to acknowledge itself to the cell system. The cell system is saying where are you and the phone is saying I am here. It is a signal that is much more powerful than the signal is when one is making a call or receiving or sending text. But it might even be when making a call or texting. And sometimes it is when an iPhone is even on silent more or vibrate mode and a call or text comes in. I have had clients send me a recording of this interference and it turned out that the person preaching had an iPhone that was on in their pocket.

Hmm...We've tried having the broadcast audio tech turn his phone off completely but we're still experiencing the issue. However, there are definitely people in and around the stage, X32 and X32C that have iPhones. So if this is coming from an iPhone that is near an unbalance input source, would the signal show up on that channel on the board? I've tried to see if I can spot which channel it's coming from. Nothing showed up but perhaps I just didn't see it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2021, 07:36:06 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.