ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to fix broken insulator on sennheiser antenna?  (Read 950 times)

Peter Wu

How to fix broken insulator on sennheiser antenna?
« on: July 19, 2021, 04:44:48 PM »

Part of the antenna insulator broke off a sennheiser EW100G2 body pack transmitter. Perhaps because I keep the antenna slightly bent when I store it.

The unit still works but I'd like to fix the missing insulation to prevent further damage. Any suggestion how?

I attached a photo.

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: How to fix broken insulator on sennheiser antenna?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 04:53:33 PM »

Part of the antenna insulator broke off a sennheiser EW100G2 body pack transmitter. Perhaps because I keep the antenna slightly bent when I store it.
The unit still works but I'd like to fix the missing insulation to prevent further damage. Any suggestion how?

Heat-shrink has worked for me in the past. However, the antenna wire eventually wore through.
The antenna itself isn't very difficult to replace as long as you have minimal soldering experience.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 05:01:51 PM »

{...}

This seems to be pretty common on G2 TX antennas. Basically, you can use anything that you'd normally use for insulating wire (although in your case patching up the insulation is a bit tougher that close to the strain relief).

My go-to for the past several years has been H12-sized black Hellermann sleeves (possibly with an H15 added over top and halfway down the strain relief for addition anchoring). I'd be curious to see if liquid electrical tape would do the job, too, especially that close to the strain relief (I've never tried it).

-Russ

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 07:43:59 PM »

I've used heat shrink as well. I built it up with a couple layers with the last layer
just large enough to go over part the strain relief.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 01:43:30 AM »

A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Scott Helmke

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 08:50:40 AM »

The antenna itself isn't very difficult to replace as long as you have minimal soldering experience.

Takes a set of tiny Torx drivers and a bit of bravery, but really it's not very difficult to do.  And the replacement antennas are surprisingly cheap.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 10:19:30 AM »

Takes a set of tiny Torx drivers and a bit of bravery, but really it's not very difficult to do.  And the replacement antennas are surprisingly cheap.

In which case, order a replacement and a spare or two and done.  :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 10:19:30 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.