Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Submitted for your consideration

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kevin Maxwell:
Thatís ok because none of them are plugged in. Maybe there is just one on each side plugged in and the rest is just an effort to try and impress someone. OR maybe they are going to put each voice and instrument (mic or input) in its own speaker like the GD wall of sound. 

Where in the world is this setup?

I think back to some of the setups I have done over the years and how people were thrilled with how it sounded. But as I have learned things over the many years of doing this I have realized a lot of things I didnít know back then. And I have also realized how much the audience doesnít know. I always strive to do the best that I can with what I have to use both considering the place and the equipment. No matter whether the audience knows the difference or not.

The first time I did a dual PA setup I was expected to use 2 speakers aside in a room that was capable of being covered with one a side because the dispersion was wide enough. And the room was only about 900 seats with a balcony but no under balcony. My solution was to do the dual PA trick and I loved it.

Bob Stone:

--- Quote from: David Morison on July 19, 2021, 02:51:00 AM ---Now that is one hell of a CFG...  ;)

--- End quote ---

I wonder if at some point, if you stack enough boxes side by side, the comb filtering would end up being so absurd that it would become unnoticeable. Anyone ever model a dozen point sources side by side?

Helge A Bentsen:
Maybe itís for a gig with Disaster Area?

https://hitchhikers.fandom.com/wiki/Disaster_Area

Tim McCulloch:
And that doesn't make it right, but considering the target audience I don't think comb filtering makes the list of undesired experiences.

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on July 19, 2021, 11:32:27 AM ---And that doesn't make it right, but considering the target audience I don't think comb filtering makes the list of undesired experiences.

--- End quote ---
I'm sure it sounded just dandy once you had a good buzz going......  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version