ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Good to hear and be heard  (Read 1068 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Good to hear and be heard
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2021, 09:47:37 AM »

After the comment I got from Geert I choose not to say anything as I am sure that Steve Mason was proud of that work.  Not every single picture needs to be turned into a teachable moment.

Mongo only pawn in game of life.
 /nudge, wink.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2021, 01:26:01 PM »

Mongo only pawn in game of life.
 /nudge, wink.
It's twue.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Riley Casey

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2021, 03:54:51 PM »

Never seemed to be a problem for Clair and ... every other major and minor touring sound contractor since the 1970s but hey there is always something new to learn.

For the acronym-impaired, CFG = Comb Filter Generator.

Carry on.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2021, 04:04:49 PM »

Never seemed to be a problem for Clair and ... every other major and minor touring sound contractor since the 1970s but hey there is always something new to learn.

People tend to not hear the things they cannot fix.  That said, I don't recall flat packs of S4 or R2, although sometimes splay was only 20 or so.  Pre S4 was before my time...
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2021, 04:47:34 PM »

For the acronym-impaired, CFG = Comb Filter Generator.

Carry on.

Not to mention the clubs.  DJ oriented dance clubs generally surround the dance floor with CFG's.  That's how it's done.

After the comment I got from Geert I choose not to say anything as I am sure that Steve Mason was proud of that work.  Not every single picture needs to be turned into a teachable moment.

When somebody wakes up in the morning hating the fact they're alive and decides to go online and share the misery with the rest of the world there's not much one can do...

I held back on my response (expletives) out of professional courtesy and respect for this site.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 04:55:10 PM by Steve-White »

drew gandy

• Chicago and burbs
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2021, 05:10:26 PM »

Ouch.
I'm sorry Steve and Scott. After reading that other thread I see that my comment on this thread looks tone deaf. And probably was/is.

Arrogance is usually far worse than ignorance. But every once in awhile they swap places.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2021, 06:16:39 PM »

Ouch.
I'm sorry Steve and Scott. After reading that other thread I see that my comment on this thread looks tone deaf. And probably was/is.

You're good with me sir.  I took it as chiding and that's something I do all the time.  The other thread, well that's a different story - way out of line with intent.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2021, 06:16:39 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.