ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing the Battery in my O1V96  (Read 1351 times)

Nick Houweling

Changing the Battery in my O1V96
« on: July 13, 2021, 07:43:50 PM »

I just saw an old post by Debbie Dunkley who had asked the same question. This linked to another post which basically said how to open the mixer and I should see the battery near the power fuse. Also there was no further word from Debbie. I have a 2003 unit and the battery still shows ok. But I would like to get a spare and want to know what type of battery it is and how easy it is to change.
Thanks Nick

Scott Helmke

Re: Changing the Battery in my O1V96
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 10:55:51 PM »

The battery is a CR2032, just like in a computer.

The basic process is to remove a lot of screws around the top edge of the mixer, and then it swings open from the back.  Don't forget the screws under the arm rest.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 05:33:47 AM »

I just saw an old post by Debbie Dunkley who had asked the same question. This linked to another post which basically said how to open the mixer and I should see the battery near the power fuse. Also there was no further word from Debbie. I have a 2003 unit and the battery still shows ok. But I would like to get a spare and want to know what type of battery it is and how easy it is to change.
Thanks Nick

I have a 2003 as well and it's battery has been on the back of my mine. Does anyone know if the battery is in a holder or if it is soldered in? I've replaced faders before I didn't think it was a difficult job.  As always back your board up to Studio Manager before changing the battery!

Douglas R. Allen

Don Davis

• So Cal
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 02:18:41 PM »

I have a 2003 as well and it's battery has been on the back of my mine. Does anyone know if the battery is in a holder or if it is soldered in? I've replaced faders before I didn't think it was a difficult job.  As always back your board up to Studio Manager before changing the battery!

Douglas R. Allen

The battery is in a holder. I've only had to change mine once since I've owned the board.

Nick Houweling

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 08:09:25 PM »

Thanks all. I just down loaded the service manual and it shows the battery to be on the main board. It slips into it's holder and is stated as being a CR2032. Douglas I think it was your HI & LO eq curves I use for subs and mains if I recall. Or it could've been Waego. Thanks to both for your contributions during the years I've had the 01v96. I'm now using it for home doing some recording with an RME Babyface adat. Some guitar and backing Tracks practice etc. I now have a Yamaha TF1 that I purchased Feb.'20, set it all up for a band and that's when covid began and I haven't had a chance to take it out live yet due to lockdowns.
Cheers Nick

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 08:09:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.