Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Shure SM11

(1/2) > >>

Jim McKeveny:
Looks like an old-school, rugged dynamic lavalier. Cannot find any frequency response or sensitivity specs online.

Any old timers know anything about this mic?

Lee Buckalew:

--- Quote from: Jim McKeveny on July 13, 2021, 02:47:11 PM ---Looks like an old-school, rugged dynamic lavalier. Cannot find any frequency response or sensitivity specs online.

--- End quote ---

That's still a current mic from Shure.
User Guide and Specs available at this link.

https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/microphones/sm11

Lee

Jim McKeveny:

--- Quote from: Lee Buckalew on July 13, 2021, 02:50:13 PM ---That's still a current mic from Shure.
User Guide and Specs available at this link.

https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/microphones/sm11

Lee

--- End quote ---

Doh! How did I miss that? Thanks Lew.

Art Welter:

--- Quote from: Jim McKeveny on July 13, 2021, 02:47:11 PM ---Looks like an old-school, rugged dynamic lavalier. Cannot find any frequency response or sensitivity specs online.

--- End quote ---
Used to use them clamped to the bridge of violins.
Limited frequency response, low sensitivity, pretty noisy unless right on the source.

Here's a recent picture of the last tour I used them on, the t-shirt held up better than me ;^)

Art

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Art Welter on July 13, 2021, 05:19:28 PM ---Used to use them clamped to the bridge of violins.
Limited frequency response, low sensitivity, pretty noisy unless right on the source.

Here's a recent picture of the last tour I used them on, the t-shirt held up better than me ;^)

Art

--- End quote ---

Good photo Art!

Advice for everyone storing away all those T-shirts:

Don't put them in Tupperware style tubs with snap on lids.

The T-shirts will shrink significantly over the years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version