Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

New RCF ART 9 and D-Line mkV

(1/1)

Richard Penrose:
I noticed RCF have been busy updating their range of speakers with the brand new ART 9 and mkV D-Line ranges

https://www.rcf.it/art9

https://www.rcf.it/en_US//products/live-sound/d-line

I'm quite interested in these ranges but live nowhere near a store that both sells and has RCF products on demo. Does anyone know how the existing ART 7-Series and mkIV D-Line ranges compare in sound?

I'm quite interested in putting together a small lightweight system with 10" tops and 12" subs and am unsure what to go for. I'm also interested in potentially changing my Yamaha DXR15 tops for the RCF HDM45'a but am curious with the new ART 945 now.

I find it a little confusing that RCF have two ranges of similar specs and prices and am wondering how they compare in sound/performance and which would be more suited to live sound!?

Corey Scogin:
An odd move indeed.
I was hoping for built-in delay across the board in the HD MK5 (not just in the 45).
Since the ART 9 series doesn't look like a cartoon, I'm not sure what the differentiation is between the two lines.

I noticed no new MK5 HD32, HD35, or HDM45 yet.

The ART 9 look suspiciously like the EV ZLX or Alto offerings.

Richard Penrose:

--- Quote from: Corey Scogin on July 13, 2021, 12:47:53 PM ---An odd move indeed.
I was hoping for built-in delay across the board in the HD MK5 (not just in the 45).
Since the ART 9 series doesn't look like a cartoon, I'm not sure what the differentiation is between the two lines.

I noticed no new MK5 HD32, HD35, or HDM45 yet.

The ART 9 look suspiciously like the EV ZLX or Alto offerings.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I agree, the cabinet looks like a generic Alto, EV type box. I was hoping for HPFs to be added to these but sadly not.
Im interested to see if RCF improves their 7 series subs before I make a decision. If they were able to improve the sound/performance of the 702as whilst keeping the weight at a similar point Id been very interested in getting either a pair of ART 910s or HD10mkVs for a small mini system.

Mike Caldwell:
The ART 732's sound great with the large/medium format compression driver.
I already like the 9 series better just for the full front grill.

Richard Penrose:
I definitely prefer the look of the 9 series compared to the old 7 series! It would appear the 9 series are a step up from the HD mkVs with new drivers, larger compression driver voice coil, upgraded amps with higher spl etc?

If RCF release a new higher quality 12 sub at a similar weight to the 702as I would be very tempted by a small setup with 910 tops.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version