Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Splitters

(1/1)

Roger Talkov:
All,
We have an install at a club that will have FOH, a Monitor console and a broadcast/recording console. The recording console is next door in another building from the venue. We are running digital snakes for the PM3 Yamaha consoles (FOH and Monitor world) and a A&H Avantis for the broadcast/recording rig. We plan on doing an analog split back stage to feed all these stage boxes. Should we get a splitter with one direct out and two transformer isolated OR two direct outs with a lift and one transformer isolated. I think we can get away with one transformer split for the recording rig but I want to really vet this out since an extra transformer for each of 32 channels could add up. 

Thoughts on this? (please don't make this a DANTE/gain sharing conversation as the client was clear about everyone having their own head amps)

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Roger Talkov on July 13, 2021, 11:20:03 AM ---All,
We have an install at a club that will have FOH, a Monitor console and a broadcast/recording console. The recording console is next door in another building from the venue. We are running digital snakes for the PM3 Yamaha consoles (FOH and Monitor world) and a A&H Avantis for the broadcast/recording rig. We plan on doing an analog split back stage to feed all these stage boxes. Should we get a splitter with one direct out and two transformer isolated OR two direct outs with a lift and one transformer isolated. I think we can get away with one transformer split for the recording rig but I want to really vet this out since an extra transformer for each of 32 channels could add up. 

Thoughts on this? (please don't make this a DANTE/gain sharing conversation as the client was clear about everyone having their own head amps)

--- End quote ---

If you can make the link to the Avantis via fiber you donít need any transformers. If it is non Ethernet Cat5 you should have one set of transformers for the A&H stage box, but you may still have issues with lightning isolation between the buildings. A fiber connection would be best.

Mac

Dave Pluke:

--- Quote from: Roger Talkov on July 13, 2021, 11:20:03 AM ---... OR two direct outs with a lift and one transformer isolated.

--- End quote ---

This would get my vote, giving you more flexibility regarding which console provides phantom power.

Dave

Keith Broughton:

--- Quote ---... OR two direct outs with a lift and one transformer isolated.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Dave Pluke on July 13, 2021, 03:33:39 PM ---This would get my vote, giving you more flexibility regarding which console provides phantom power.

Dave

--- End quote ---
Same vote from me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version